Christian-based Traditional Math Curriculum for 6th Grade
- One strength of BJU Press Math 6 is that the lessons focus on the concepts of that chapter.
- There are the reviews, but daily problems are from the chapter.
- If you have a student who wants more of the same type problems to master a concept, this will be a good mathematics course.
- It is available in a homeschool kit with all the components for one student and one teacher.
BJU Press Math 6 Homeschool Kit 3E
The Bob Jones Math 6 Homeschool Kit 3E includes one of each of the following items:
- Teacher’s Edition, 3E bju275313
- Student Text, 3E bju275297
- Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives, 3E bju269506
- Tests,3E bju275339
- Test Answer Key, 3E bju275347
Math 6 Student
BJU Press Math 6 Student Worktext 3E
The BJU Press Math 6 Student Worktext is consumable. Your student can work problems in the book. When the student doesn’t have to copy the problems, there is less chance for copy mistakes. It’s good to see the workbook format going up to 6th grade.
The Math 6 student workbook is a larger 8 1/2″ by 11″ paperback. It could be used as a consumable text like those in grades 1 to 5. It has 520 pages. I like the larger 8 1/2″ by 11″ size much better for this age group.
There is a Daily Review section in the back of the book. It is listed by chapters. When a Daily Review is to be completed for a lesson, it is indicated on the lower right corner of the page.
There is also a Chapter Review to review lessons in each chapter. A Cumulative Review is located at the end of each chapter. All of these reviews help to reinforce learned concepts and avoid taking the student through every concept ever learned every day—which can be overkill for some and confusing for others.
Career Links show how math skills are used in real life jobs.
The first nine chapters cover topics in arithmetic with one chapter devoted to Plane Figures and Geometry and another to Equations. The remaining chapters cover Perimeter& Area, Volume, Measurement, Statistics, Probability, and Integers. A chapter is also devoted to Ratios, Proportions, and Percents.
Bob Jones Math 6 Teacher’s Edition with CD 3E
Manipulatives Packet Math 5
BJU Press Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives Packet 3E
Item #Item #bju269506
The Bob Jones Math 4-6 Student Manipulative Packet, 3rd Edition are used in grades 4, 5, and 6 math.
- Printed on sturdy tag board, the colorful manipulatives are perforated for easy preparation.
- They are reusuable.
- Save them in a large envelope, ziplock baggie or folder to use in other grades and with other children.
- Hands-on and visual learners will like these.
- The Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives include:
- Geometric shapes
- Number Cards
- Fraction Kit,
- Money Kit
- Place Value Kits and Mats
- Measurement Flashcards
- Multiplication/Division Fact Family Cards (triangle shaped kind)
BJU Press Math 6 Tests (Tests only) 3E
There is a test for each chapter in BJU Press Math 6. The tests are consumable for use with one student.
Tests Answer Key
BJU Press Math 6 Test Answer Key 3E
The Math 6 Test Answer Key has answers overprinted on the student pages for easy grading.