Find Complete Literature Courses and Books at Lamp Post Homeschool
Read good books. Read good books. Read good books. [Read more…]
Complete Literature Courses
LEARNING LANGUAGE ARTS
Common Sense Press
1st to 12th Grades
Reading well-written books helps your child to:
- Grow analytical thinking skills.
- Create a strong foundation of knowledge.
- Extend vocabulary.
- Experience different writing styles.
- Learn moral values.
There are several practical ways to choose books your reading list:
- By grade level—when you need a nice reading list for your child’s portfolio
- By reading level—when you need to match the book with your child’s reading ability
- By historical time period—to supplement history studies
- By location—to supplement geography and history studies
- By subject matter—for additional reading in science, social studies, fine arts, etc.
- By author—a librarian once told me that when you find an author you like, it’s good to read more books by the same.
- By genre—great when you study different types of literature
- We encourage you to review books before your children read them until they gain wisdom to judge for themselves.
Freebie—Best Books for Kindergarten Through High School
Best Books for Kindergarten Through High School by Donna Hess is no longer available. The publisher, BJU Press, is offering Best Books for Kindergarten through High School as a free PDF format download.
- Best Books Opens in a new window.
“Lists and comments on hundreds of books for recreational reading–kindergarten through high school; includes an annotated list of books for analysis and discussion; concludes with guidelines on how to evaluate a book’s literary quality and moral tone.”