Teaching Your Child at Home In Kindergarten Is A Great Option
Don’t be in a rush to send your child to kindergarten. Children who stay at home with loving one-on-one attention do better in the long run. It’s not about trying to be “school.” It is more important to teach them to love and serve God and to love others. Please consider keeping your child at home for kindergarten. It’s one of the best choices you can make. You’ll be glad you did.
The following resources are proven and inexpensive but superior resources for homeschooling.
Complete Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
Language Arts for Kindergarten
Mathematics Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
Science Homeschool Kindergarten Curriculum
- Great Science Adventures Multilevel K-8
- Berean Builders Science by Dr. Jay Wile Multilevel Science K-6
- Science Fusion K
- Young Explorers Science Series Multi-level Science for K-6 from Apologia
- Artistic Pursuits Art curriculum for Kindergarten to Grade 3
- Bible Truths K5
- Creation Story for Children Combines Bible and science for young children. You can use this to supplement any kindergarten curriculum.
- Horizons Health Curriculum
- Horizons Physical Education
The Three R’s
The Three R’s
Good advice on what and how you should teach in K-3 from a Christian perspective. If you have small children and you want to homeschool, The Three R’s is a great book for starting.
“Three resources in one – Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic! Learn how to take the mystery out of teaching the early grades with this practical, down-to-earth guidebook from Ruth Beechick. The Three R’s is divided into three sections that are tabbed for easy reference. The Reading section tells how and when to begin phonics, and how to develop comprehension skills. The Language section shows how to develop written language skills naturally, in the same way children learn oral language. The Arithmetic section explains how to teach understanding of math concepts, and not just memorization of facts.”
There is a bonus: A removable 2-sided wall chart for phonics and arithmetic.