What Type of Homeschool Science Curriculum Do You need for Your Child?
Are you looking for grade-based science curriculum where each child studies science at the appropriate grade level? Or would you rather use a multilevel science course with several children or a small homeschool co-op? [Read more…]
Why Use a Grade-Based Science Course for Each Child?
- Traditionally for high school science, there is a set sequence of study. It is easier to use grade-based science in high school.
- However, if you have two high school students, you could use the same grade-based high school science subject.
- If your student who plans to pursue a career in science, you may want to individualize science instruction at the appropriate grade level.
- When your students tend to be overly competitive, it might be helpful to have each one in a different grade level of science.
- Students who have a higher reading level and prefer independent study may do better with a grade-based science course.
What Are the Advantages of Using One Multi-Level Science Course for Several Children in Different Grades?
- Can’t see yourself juggling five different subject teacher’s guides per child? Neither can we.
- Give yourself a break—Try multi-level science courses with your children.
- Keep everyone in science on the same page at the same time.
- It’s more economical to do science experiments in a group.
- Challenge your children at just the right level—Most of the courses have different ability levels for the activities.
- Use a multilevel science course with several children or in a small homeschool co-op.
- Hands-on science activities are more fun in a small group setting.