Complete Multimedia Science Modules for Sixth to Eighth Grade
With 2018 HMH Science Dimensions® Homeschool Packages, your students will have everything that they need to do science, learn science, and own their learning. Learn About Science Dimensions Packages for Engineering, Life, Earth, and Physical Science. #SecularBased [Read more…]
Program Overview—2018 Science Dimensions Homeschool Packages for Kindergarten to Grade 5
Each Science Dimensions Homeschool Kit includes print and digital components for one teacher and one student. Digital components come with a 1-year online subscription.
Features of 2018 Science Dimensions
- Encourages students to “think like scientists” and “solve problems like engineers.”
- Engineering is embedded throughout the program—not simply a separate unit.
- Flexible to meet the needs of your student.
- Each lesson offers opportunities to engage, explore, explain, elaborate, and evaluate.
- Build confidence with authentic investigation.
- Learn to conduct hands on investigations, define, questions and objectives.
- Online lessons provide students the opportunity to view videos and animations, interact with instructional images and text, enter responses, pursue their intellectual interests by choosing lesson paths, and enjoy simulation-based learning.
- Students will explore, investigate, and engineer—integrating multiple concepts into each activity and lesson.
- Science Dimensions Modules cover key engineering, life, earth, and physical science topics.
- Four of the 12 modules can be completed in one year.
- Choose one module to finish the school year or do a homeschool mini-mester this summer.
- Parents choose the order of study for each year—mix the engineering, life, earth, and physical science topics or focus on one.
- According to the publisher, the 2018 Science Dimensions program aligns with the Common Core State Standards.
- The Teacher Edition includes 3D Learning Objectives, utilizes the 5E Instructional Model, integrates engineering, and incorporates English Language Arts and Math Connections.
- Online, the HMH Science Dimensions Trace Tool and Professional Learning videos support teacher planning and the shift to the NGSS.
- Designed specifically to address the Next Generation Science Standards* (NGSS).
- The assessment guide includes Beginning-of-Year Tests, Unit Pretests, Lesson Quizzes, Unit Tests, Mid-Year and End-of-Year benchmark tests, and Performance-Based Assessments.
2018 Science Dimensions Homeschool Package Module A: Engineering and Science
The Science Dimensions Homeschool Package Module A: Engineering and Science includes the following components.
The Science Dimensions Module A Teacher Resources include the following:
- Digital 1-year subscription Teacher Resource Package Module A
- Print Materials Assessment Guide Module A
The Science Dimensions Module A Student Resources include the following:
- Digital 1-year subscription Student Resource Package Module A
- Print Component Student Edition Interactive Worktext Set Module A
Table of Contents for Science Fusion Module A: Engineering and Science
- Unit 1: Introduction to Engineering and Science
- Unit 2: The Practices of Engineering
NOTE: This is a print and digital homeschool kit. The digital components are for a 1-year online subscription. You will receive your digital access from trunity.org.
Grades 6 to 8
More Science Dimensions Homeschool Packages
HMH Science Dimensions®, HMH®, and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Houghton Mifflin
Harcourt. © Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
*Next Generation Science Standards is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards were involved in the production of this product, and they do not endorse it.