Choose the Best Composition Curriculum For Your Children
If you wonder if your child can write, then ask if your child can tell a coherent story or verbalize what was just studied. If so, the writing “problem” may be a simple logistical problem. Not being able to compose and remember it long enough to hand write it, spell it, and punctuate it might be the problem—not the inability to write. [Can your student compose? Read more…]
Composition and Writing Homeschool Curriculum for Grades K to 12
- If your student can dictate and tell you a story or the answer to a question from another course, then your student can compose.
- Use a cell phone app or an inexpensive recorder to record the student as he dictates/tells his “writing” to you. Later he can listen to what he recorded and write it on paper.
- A wealth of homeschool composition curriculum exists for teaching and learning the writing process.
- The following composition and creative writing books and courses were chosen because they are favorites among homeschooling families, are homeschool friendly, and they work.
- Perhaps you want to teach several children together with one composition course. Multi-level teaching saves time and allows children of different ages to learn together in the family setting.
The Word Artist Poetry Curriculum
The Word Artist is an introduction to writing various kinds of poetry. Your student will create a book of poetry – a keepsake. This helpful creative writing resource also has step-by-step bookbinding instructions.
BJU Press Writer’s Toolbox
The Writer’s Toolbox “covers all eight parts of speech and the seven sentence patterns in detail. It explains grammar, usage, and mechanics rules and provides an overview of the writing process and strategies for effective writing. The text discusses research skills such as using the dictionary, using the library, and documenting sources in a research paper. Included are up-to-date examples of MLA documentation style and a sample research paper.”
We think it is a neat tool for any writer, high school and above!
I think it is a helpful creative writing and grammar handbook resource tool for any writer, high school and above!
Required for BJU Press Writing and Grammar 9, 10, and 11, second editions only.
Grade 9 and up
Writing Skills 1 Flipper
Writing Skills 1 Flipper
The Writing Skills 1 Flipper covers basic writing techniques, troublesome words (such as: has-have, saw-seen).
- Language Arts Flippers More flippers for punctuation, sentence skills and more.
Grade 7 to college.