Children who stay at home with loving one-on-one attention do better in the long run.
You taught your child to walk and talk. Keep on teaching them at home with carefully selected Christian preschool curriculum.
It is not about trying to imitate school. It is about teaching them to love and serve God. Many young parents try to emulate “real school” and lose sight of what’s important in the long run (the eternal one!)
Best Preschool Curriculum
The following resources are proven and inexpensive but superior resources for homeschooling. They are excellent because they encourage learning and keep the family environment.
- Master Books Creation Science Preschool to Gr. 3
- Reading Curriculum If your child is ready to learn to read, we have several choices.
The Three R’s~Good Reading for Parents of Young Children
The Three R’s
The Three R’s is the book to read if you want to learn about teaching your children at home. The age range is for Grades K to 3rd, but if you want to be ahead, read it when your child is still a preschooler.
Features of The Three Rs
It has a lot of excellent advice on what and how you should teach in K-3 with a Christian perspective.
Three resources in one—Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic! Learn how to take the mystery out of teaching the early grades with this practical, down-to-earth guidebook from Ruth Beechick. The Three R’s is divided into three sections that are tabbed for easy reference.
- The Reading section tells how and when to begin phonics, and how to develop comprehension skills.
- The Language section shows how to develop written language skills naturally, in the same way children learn oral language.
- The Arithmetic section explains how to teach understanding of math concepts, and not just memorization of facts.
There is a bonus: A removable 2-sided wall chart for phonics and arithmetic.