A Christian-Based Phonics Reading Program
Horizons Phonics and Reading is a phonics-based word recognition and early reading program. [Read more…]
- Learn phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, text comprehension, spelling, and penmanship.
- It is teacher-intensive in the early phases of the program.
- Each complete phonics and reading set contains all the student workbooks, readers, teacher’s handbooks and ancillaries.
- From Alpha Omega Publications, the Horizons reading program is a Christian based curriculum for kindergarten through second grade.
- Scope and Sequence Learn more about this program.
- Use Coupon Code DiscountAOP to get the best available discount off list price on Horizons Phonics & Reading K-2 Curriculum at Lamp Post Homeschool.**
- Homeschooling Parent Magazine selected AOP’s Horizons Phonics & Reading homeschool curriculum for honors in its “Best Grammar & Phonics Curriculum” category in 2009. The criteria for receiving this complimentary award were based not only on parental input, but also on Horizons’ availability, support, user-friendliness, and cost.
Horizons Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Set
Horizons Phonics & Reading Kindergarten Set is a phonetically-based early reading program.
- Students learn “to identify the name and sounds of each letter through alphabet stories and picture associations.
- Manuscript writing is used for letter formation practice” in for grade K.
- Included in the kindergarten set is one of each of the following:
- Four Student Workbooks with removable pages (9780740301377, 9780740301384, 9780740301391, and 9780740301407
- Four Teacher’s Guides
- Four brightly illustrated readers (Ann’s Cat KR001, Mike’s Bike KR002, Clem’s Snake KR003, Van’s Scarecrow KR004)
- An Alphabet Floor Puzzle 9780740301476
- A Wipe-Off Tablet
Student Book K-1
Horizons Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Student Book K-1
Workbook K-1 is available for an additional student.
Student Book K-2
Horizons Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Student Book K-2
Workbook K-2 is available for an additional student.
Student Book K-3
Horizons Phonics and Reading Student Book K-3
Workbook K-3 is available for an additional student.
Student Book K-4
Kindergarten Phonics and Reading Student Book K-4
Workbook K-4 is available for an additional student.
Kindergarten Reader Set
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Student Reader Set
The Horizons Phonics & Reading Kindergarten Student Reader Set includes one of each of the following:
- Ann’s Cat
- Mike’s Bike
- Clem’s Snake
- Van’s Scarecrow
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Reader 1 Ann’s Cat
Ann’s Cat is the title of the first reader for kindergarten.
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Reader 2 Mike’s Bike
Mike’s Bike is the title of the second reader for kindergarten.
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Reader 3 Clem’s Snake
Clem’s Snake is the title of the third reader for kindergarten.
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Reader 4 Vin’s Scarecrow
Van’s Scarecrow is the title of the fourth reader for kindergarten.
Horizons®, LIFEPACs®, and Switched-On Schoolhouse® are registered trademarks of Alpha Omega Publications
**The discount will be taken off the in the shopping cart after you apply the homeschool coupon code. Add in one time to discount on all Alpha Omega Curriculum including Horizons, LIFEPACs, and Switched-On Schoolhouse curriculum in your shopping cart. Can not be combined with any other coupon codes and excludes items marked clearance.