A Christian-Based Phonics Reading Program
Horizons Phonics and Reading is a phonics-based word recognition and early reading program. [Read more…]
- Learn phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, text comprehension, spelling, and penmanship.
- It is teacher-intensive in the early phases of the program.
- Each complete phonics and reading set contains all the student workbooks, readers, teacher’s handbooks and ancillaries.
- From Alpha Omega Publications, the Horizons reading program is a Christian based curriculum for kindergarten through second grade.
- Scope and Sequence Learn more about this program.
- Use Coupon Code DiscountAOP to get the best available discount off list price on Horizons Phonics & Reading K-2 Curriculum at Lamp Post Homeschool.**
- Homeschooling Parent Magazine selected AOP’s Horizons Phonics & Reading homeschool curriculum for honors in its “Best Grammar & Phonics Curriculum” category in 2009. The criteria for receiving this complimentary award were based not only on parental input, but also on Horizons’ availability, support, user-friendliness, and cost.
Horizons Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Set
Horizons Phonics & Reading Kindergarten Set is a phonetically-based early reading program.
- Students learn “to identify the name and sounds of each letter through alphabet stories and picture associations.
- Manuscript writing is used for letter formation practice” in for grade K.
Included in the kindergarten set is one of each of the following:
• Four Student Workbooks with removable pages (9780740301377, 9780740301384, 9780740301391, and 9780740301407) Each student workbook c0ntains a variety of activities such as fill-in-the-blank, matching, puzzles, dot-to-dots, and more.
• Four Teacher’s Guides include daily lesson plans, overviews and objectives, lesson materials and supplies, teaching tips and activities. Find reduced-size answer keys of the workbook pages on the matching teaching notes page for easy grading. See Sample Pages:
- Teacher’s Guide K-1 Sample
- Teacher’s Guide K-2 Sample
- Teacher’s Guide K-3 Sample
- Teacher’s Guide K-4 Sample
• Four Brightly Illustrated Readers (Ann’s Cat KR001, Mike’s Bike KR002, Clem’s Snake KR003, Van’s Scarecrow KR004)
• An Alphabet Floor Puzzle 9780740301476
• A Wipe-Off Tablet
Student Book K-1
Horizons Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Student Book K-1
Workbook K-1 is available for an additional student.
Student Book K-2
Horizons Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Student Book K-2
Workbook K-2 is available for an additional student.
Student Book K-3
Horizons Phonics and Reading Student Book K-3
Workbook K-3 is available for an additional student.
Student Book K-4
Kindergarten Phonics and Reading Student Book K-4
Workbook K-4 is available for an additional student. Focus on new diagraphs and diphthongs, silent letters, the letter y, syllables, special soft c and g sounds, and more.
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Student Reader Set
The Horizons Phonics & Reading Kindergarten Student Reader Set includes one of each of the following:
Previews of sample pages for each reader are found in the individual reader descriptions below.
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Reader 1 Ann’s Cat
Ann’s Cat is the title of the first reader for kindergarten. Present short and long vowel words and progress to multi-syllable words. Story titles include Ann’s Cat, Don’s Big Dog, The Rag Doll, and Quacker the Duck. Teach reading comprehension skills with the thought-provoking questions for each story.
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Reader 2 Mike’s Bike
Mike’s Bike is the title of the second reader for kindergarten. Reinforce phonics rules with age-appropriate stories that include short and long-vowel words and multi-syllable words. Teach reading comprehension skills with the thought-provoking questions for each story.
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Reader 3 Clem’s Snake
Clem’s Snake is the title of the third reader for kindergarten. The 40 teacher-guided short stories have short and long-vowel words as well as multi-syllable words. Teach reading comprehension skills with the thought-provoking questions for each story.
Phonics and Reading Kindergarten Reader 4 Vin’s Scarecrow
Van’s Scarecrow is the title of the fourth reader for kindergarten. Reinforce short and long vowel words and multi-syllable words with 40 age-appropriate stories. Teach reading comprehension skills with the thought-provoking questions for each story.
Horizons®, LIFEPACs®, and Switched-On Schoolhouse® are registered trademarks of Alpha Omega Publications
**The discount will be taken off the in the shopping cart after you apply the homeschool coupon code. Add in one time to discount on all Alpha Omega Curriculum including Horizons, LIFEPACs, and Switched-On Schoolhouse curriculum in your shopping cart. Can not be combined with any other coupon codes and excludes items marked clearance.