A Christian-based Reading and Phonics Program
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 uses phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, text comprehension, spelling, and penmanship. [Read more…]
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Complete Set
The Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 has the following features.
- Reinforce previous concepts like consonant blends and vowel diphthongs
- Introduce new material, including combining prefixes and suffixes, compound words, regular and irregular verbs, analogies, borrowed words, and palindromes
- Features 160 lessons with popular stories such as “The Tale of Peter Rabbit,” “The Princess Who Slept on a Pea,” “Rumplestiltskin,” “The Good Samaritan,” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Popular stories include “The Tale of Peter Rabbit,” “The Princess Who Slept on a Pea,” “Rumplestiltskin,” “The Good Samaritan,” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Poetry selections include “Casey at the Bat” by Ernest Lawrence Thayer and “Make Me a Picture of the Sun” by Emily Dickinson
- Short biographies about Sojourner Truth, Mother Teresa, Jackie Robinson, Theodore Roosevelt, Clara Barton, Wilma Rudolph, and more.
- Each complete phonics and reading set contains all the student workbooks, readers, teacher’s handbooks and ancillaries.
- Scope and Sequence Learn more about this program.
- Use Coupon Code DiscountAOP to get the best available discount off list price on Horizons Phonics & Reading 3 Curriculum at Lamp Post Homeschool.**
Included in Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Set is one of each item:
- Student Workbook 3-1 with removable pages (JPS031).
- Student Workbook 3-2 with removable pages (JPS032)
- Reader 3-1 (JPR031)
- Reader 3-2 (JPR032)
- Teacher’s Guide (JRT030)
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Student Workbook 1
The Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Workbook 3-1 for an additional student has the first eighty lessons and eight review tests.
- Strengthens concepts such as vowel and consonant blends, digraphs and diphthongs, syllables, plurals, rhyming words, r-controlled words, analogies, synonyms, antonyms, contractions, and more.
- Preview sample workbook lessons: Workbook 3-1 Sample
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Student Workbook 2
The Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Workbook 3-2 for an additional student has lessons 81 to 160 and eight review tests.
- Covers new concepts such as prefixes and suffixes, regular and irregular verbs, inflected endings, commonly confused words, compound words, palindromes, clipped words, foreign words, and more.
- Preview sample workbook lessons: Workbook 3-2 Sample
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Reader 1
There are eighty stories in the Horizons 3rd Grade Phonics & Reading Student Reader 1 from Alpha Omega Publications.
- With 80 delightful poems and short stories, this colorful reader correlates with lessons taught in Horizons 3rd Grade Phonics & Reading Student Book 1.
- Stories include “The Tale of Peter Rabbit” by Beatrix Potter, “The Princess Who Slept on a Pea,” “The Frog Prince,” “The Swiss Family Robinson,” and “Rikki-Tikki-Tavi” by Rudyard Kipling.
- Poems include “Casey at the Bat” by Ernest Lawrence Thayer and “My Shadow” by Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Contains short biographies on Sir Edmund Hillary, Sojourner Truth, Mother Teresa, Jackie Robinson, and more.
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Reader 2
There are eighty stories in the brightly illustrated Horizons 3rd Grade Phonics & Reading Student Reader 2.
- Eighty captivating stories like “Puss in Boots,” “The Blind Men and the Elephant,” “Jack and the Beanstalk,” and “The Ransom of Red Chief,” as well as poems such as “Over in the Meadow,” “Song from the Suds,” and “My Bed is a Boat” correlate with daily reading activities found in Horizons 3rd Grade Phonics & Reading Student Book 2.
- Reading boosts your child’s reading skills and puts memorized phonics rules to practice.
- Preview Reader 3-2 Sample Pages.
Horizons Phonics and Reading 3 Teacher’s Guide
- The user-friendly teacher’s guide for Horizons 3rd Grade Phonics & Reading has comprehensive review questions that teach your child critical thinking skills.
- Step-by-step daily lesson plans include lesson overviews and introductions, material lists, teaching tips, and fun activities for lessons 1-160 in Horizons 3rd Grade Phonics & Reading Student Books 1 and 2.
- Includes answer keys for daily lessons and tests.
- Offers clearly outlined daily lesson plans that correlate phonics workbook activities and assignments in illustrated readers.
- Contains helpful reading tips and suggested comprehension questions to use with each story in the companion student readers.
- Answer keys show reduced-size student pages for each day’s lessons, allowing you to grade on the go by comparing your teacher’s notes and your child’s workbook activity page answers at the same time
More Horizons Phonics and Reading at LampPostHomeschool.com
Horizons®, LIFEPACs®, and Switched-On Schoolhouse® are registered trademarks of Alpha Omega Publications
**The discount will be taken off the in the shopping cart after you apply the homeschool coupon code. Add in one time to discount on all Alpha Omega Curriculum including Horizons, LIFEPACs, and Switched-On Schoolhouse curriculum in your shopping cart. Can not be combined with any other coupon codes and excludes items marked clearance.