The First Year of a 2-Year Math Program for Grades 6-8
Principles of Mathematics 1 is a math course with an integrated Biblical worldview—not just a bunch of sprinkled in Bible verses. [Read more…]
- Designed to be self-taught: your student will read the material and complete the lessons.
- Parent or teacher should be available to answer a question.
- Book 1 is used for 7th or 8th grade depending on your student’s skill level.
- Firms up foundational math concepts
- Prepares students for upper-level math in a logical, step-by-step way.
- History, science, and real-life connections included throughout the text.
- Prerequisite: Student should have a basic knowledge of arithmetic and ability to think through the concepts and examples given in the text.
- Download a Placement Test for Book 1
Principles of Mathematics Year 1 Package
The Principles of Mathematics Year 1 Curriculum Package consists of one of each of the following books.
- Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Text 9780890518755
- Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Teacher Guide 9780890519912
View a book trailer:
Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Text
With the Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Text your student will:
- Focus on multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, ratios (important for solving science problems), percentages, shapes, basic geometry, and more.
- Discover how math applies to science, art, music, daily life, and more.
- Apply learning to life and see God’s handiwork in math.
- Work independently by reading the text and completing the assignments.
From the publisher:
“Katherine makes the argument that math is not a neutral subject as most have come to believe. She carefully lays the foundation of how math points to our Creator, the God of the Bible. The nature of God, His Creation, and even the Gospel itself is seen through the study of math. Katherine does a marvelous job of revealing His Glory in this one-of-a-kind math course.”
View samples at the publisher’s website:
Grades 7th-8th (High school students may also complete both Principles of Mathematics 1 & 2 in a year using the accelerated schedule included in the Teacher Guide)
Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Teacher Guide
The Principles of Mathematics Book 1 Teacher Guide features:
- Weekly Lesson Schedule
- Student Worksheets
- Quizzes and tests
- Answer Key
- 3-hole-punched, perforated pages for easy removal
View a sample from the Teacher’s Guide at the publisher’s website: