Christian-based Traditional Textbook Math Curriculum for 5th Grade
- Cover traditional mathematics concepts one lesson at a time with Bob Jones Math 5.
- Daily and cumulative reviews are included in each lesson and at the end of each chapter.
- It is available in a homeschool kit with all the components you’ll need for one student and one teacher.
BJU Press Math 5 Homeschool Kit 3E
The BJU Press Math 5 Homeschool Kit 3E includes one of each of the following items:
- Math 5 Teacher’s Edition with CD, 3E
[#269522, ISBN-13 9781606820278]
- Each of the eighteen chapters has a Chapter Overview.
- There are 165 lessons.
- Each lesson in the Teacher Edition includes reduced Student Worktext pages with overprinted answers for easy grading.
- The Teacher’s Toolkit CD-Rom, located inside the back cover, contains additional teacher instruction, Instructional Aids pages, Teaching Visuals, Reviews section, Enrichment Pages, Facts Review, Worktext Solutions, and Daily Review Pages Answer Key.
- Math 5 Student Text, 3E
[#506782, ISBN-13: 9781628562347]
- The new Bob Jones Math 5 Student Worktext is now a paperback consumable text like those in grades 1 to 4. It is also three-hole punched with 464 pages. I like this 8 1/2″ by 11″ workbook size much better for this age group.
- It is formatted with a visually friendly layout. There is a nice amount of problems on a page for a fifth grader. As with their other math texts, the visuals are helpful.
- Each chapter has a Daily Review section. Each lesson indicates which part of the Daily Review is to be completed after that lesson. There is also a Chapter Review to review lessons in each chapter. A Cumulative Review is located at the end of each chapter. All of these reviews help to reinforce learned concepts and avoid taking the student through every concept ever learned every day—which can be overkill for some and confusing for others.
- Career Links show how math skills are used in real life jobs.
- One strength of BJU Press Math is that the lessons focus on the concepts of that chapter. There are the reviews, but daily problems are from the chapter. If you have a student who wants more of the same type problems to master a concept, this will be a good mathematics course.
- The early chapters work on arithmetic and geometry. Later there is a whole chapter on Ratios, Proportions, and Percents which I like for grade 5. The last chapters start working on some pre-algebra concepts.
- Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives, 3E
[#269506, ISBN-13 9781606820315]
- Printed on sturdy tagboard, the colorful manipulatives are perforated for easy preparation.
- They are reusable. Save them in a large envelope, ziplock baggie or folder to use in other grades and with other children.
- Hands-on and visual learners will like these.
- The Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives include:
- Geometric shapes
- Number Cards
- Fraction Kit,
- Money Kit
- Place Value Kits and Mats
- Measurement Flashcards
- Multiplication/Division Fact Family Cards (triangle shaped kind)
- Math 5 Tests, 3E
[#269548, ISBN-13 9781606820285]
There is a two-page test for each chapter in Math 5 Student Text.
- Math 5 Test Answer Key, 3E
[#269563, ISBN-13 9781606820292]
The answers to the Math 5 Tests are overprinted on an exact copy of each student test for easy grading.
Take an additional 10% off our sale price on all BJU Press Homeschool Kits with Coupon Code BJUPKIT10.