Christian-based Traditional Textbook Math Curriculum for 5th Grade
- Cover traditional mathematics concepts one lesson at a time with Bob Jones Math 5.
- Includes Daily and cumulative reviews in each lesson and at the end of each chapter.
- It is available in a homeschool kit with all the components you’ll need for one student and one teacher.
Grade 5 Homeschool Math Kit
BJU Press Math 5 Homeschool Kit 3E Item #278226
BJU Press Math 5 Homeschool Kit 3E
Publisher: BJU Press (Bob Jones University Press)
The BJU Press Math 5 Homeschool Kit 3E includes one of each of the following items:
- Math 5 Teacher’s Edition with CD, 3E
[#269522, ISBN-13 9781606820278]
- Each of the eighteen chapters has a Chapter Overview.
- There are 165 lessons.
- Each lesson in the Teacher Edition includes reduced Student Worktext pages with overprinted answers for easy grading.
- The Teacher’s Toolkit CD-ROM, located inside the back cover, contains additional teacher instruction, Instructional Aids pages, Teaching Visuals, Reviews section, Enrichment Pages, Facts Review, Worktext Solutions, and Daily Review Pages Answer Key.
- Math 5 Student Text, 3E
[#506782, ISBN-13: 9781628562347]
- The new Bob Jones Math 5 Student Worktext is now a paperback consumable text like those in grades 1 to 4. It is also three-hole punched with 464 pages. I like this 8 1/2″ by 11″ workbook size much better for this age group.
- Formatted with a visually friendly layout, it has an acceptable amount of problems on a page for a fifth grader. As with their other math texts, the visuals are helpful.
- Each chapter has a Daily Review section. Each lesson shows which part of the Daily Review is to complete after that lesson. There is also a Chapter Review to review lessons in each chapter. You’ll find a Cumulative Review at the end of each chapter. These reviews help to reinforce learned concepts and avoid taking the student through every concept ever learned every day—which can be overkill for some and confusing for others.
- Career Links show different math skills used in real life jobs.
- One strength of BJU Press Math is that the lessons focus on the concepts of that chapter. There are the reviews, but daily problems are from the chapter. If you have a student who wants more of the same type problems to master a concept, this will be a good mathematics course.
- The early chapters work on arithmetic and geometry. Later there is an entire chapter on Ratios, Proportions, and Percents, which I like for grade 5. The last chapters work on some pre-algebra concepts.
- Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives, 3E
[#269506, ISBN-13 9781606820315]
- Printed on sturdy tagboard, they perforate the colorful manipulatives for easy preparation.
- They are reusable. Save them in a large envelope, ziplock baggie or folder to use in other grades and with other children.
- Hands-on and visual learners will like these.
- The Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives include:
- Geometric shapes
- Number Cards
- Fraction Kit,
- Money Kit
- Place Value Kits and Mats
- Measurement Flashcards
- Multiplication/Division Fact Family Cards (triangle shaped kind)
- Math 5 Tests, 3E
[#269548, ISBN-13 9781606820285]
There is a two-page test for each chapter in Math 5 Student Text.
- Math 5 Test Answer Key, 3E
[#269563, ISBN-13 9781606820292]
The overprinted answers to the Math 5 Tests on an exact copy of each student test make grading easy.
More BJU Press Math Homeschool Kits at Lamp Post Homeschool
Math 4 Homeschool Kit
Math 6 Homeschool Kit
Fundamentals of Math
Homeschool Kit Gr. 7
Homeschool Kit Gr. 8