Christian-based Traditional Textbook Math Curriculum for 5th Grade
- Consumable paperback.
- Three-hole punched with 464 pages
- Formatted with a visually friendly layout.
- Reasonable amount of problems for a 5th grader
- Helpful visuals to show the concept
- Each chapter has a Daily Review section. Each lesson indicates which part of the Daily Review is to be completed after that lesson. There is also a
- Chapter Review to review lessons in each chapter
- Cumulative Review is located at the end of each chapter
- Career Links show how math skills are used in real life jobs.
- Lessons focus on the concepts of that chapter.
- Early chapters work on arithmetic and geometry.
- There is a whole chapter on Ratios, Proportions, and Percents
- Covers some pre-algebra concepts
- It is available in a homeschool kit with all the components for one student and one teacher.
BJU Press Math 5 Homeschool Kit 3E
The BJU Press Math 5 Homeschool Kit 3E includes one of each of the following items:
- Teacher’s Edition, 3E bju269522
- Student Text, 3E bju269589
- Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives, 3E bju269506
- Tests, 3E bju269548
- Test Answer Key, 3E bju269563
Math 5 Student 5
BJU Press Math 5 Student Worktext 3E
The new Bob Jones Math 5 Student Worktext is now a paperback consumable text like those in grades 1 to 4. It is also three-hole punched with 464 pages. I like this 8 1/2″ by 11″ workbook size much better for this age group.
It is formatted with a visually friendly layout. There is a nice amount of problems on a page for a fifth grader. As with their other math texts, the visuals are helpful.
Each chapter has a Daily Review section. Each lesson indicates which part of the Daily Review is to be completed after that lesson. There is also a Chapter Review to review lessons in each chapter. A Cumulative Review is located at the end of each chapter. All of these reviews help to reinforce learned concepts and avoid taking the student through every concept ever learned every day—which can be overkill for some and confusing for others.
Career Links show how math skills are used in real life jobs.
One strength of BJU Press Math is that the lessons focus on the concepts of that chapter. There are the reviews, but daily problems are from the chapter. If you have a student who wants more of the same type problems to master a concept, this will be a good mathematics course.
The early chapters work on arithmetic and geometry. Later there is a whole chapter on Ratios, Proportions, and Percents which I like for grade 5. The last chapters start working on some pre-algebra concepts.
Bob Jones Math 5 Teacher’s Edition with CD 3E
Manipulatives Packet Math 5
BJU Press Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives Packet 3E
Item #Item #bju269506
The Bob Jones Math 4-6 Student Manipulative Packet, 3rd Edition are used in grades 4, 5, and 6 math.
- Printed on sturdy tag board, the colorful manipulatives are perforated for easy preparation.
- They are reusuable.
- Save them in a large envelope, ziplock baggie or folder to use in other grades and with other children.
- Hands-on and visual learners will like these.
- The Math 4-6 Student Manipulatives include:
- Geometric shapes
- Number Cards
- Fraction Kit,
- Money Kit
- Place Value Kits and Mats
- Measurement Flashcards
- Multiplication/Division Fact Family Cards (triangle shaped kind)