A Traditional Christian-based Science Curriculum for 5th Grade
- Learn about minerals and rocks, fossils, matter and heat, energy, weather, biomes, ecosystems, sound and light, the respiratory, and the circulatory systems.
- Teach science with a Christian point of view.
- Help your child develop knowledge of God with lessons that have a biblical worldview.
- Develop critical thinking and science process skills with hands-on activities and projects.
- The Teacher’s Guide helps you teach with its detailed lesson plans, schedules, teaching tips, and answers to questions in the book and activity manual.
- BJU Press Science 5 is a Christian-based traditional textbook curriculum for fifth grade.
- Purchase it as a complete homeschool kit or by the individual components: teacher’s guide, student text, activity manual, tests and test AK.
BJU Press Science 5 Homeschool Kit 4th Edition
BJU Press Science 5 Homeschool Kit 4th Edition, a Christian-based textbook curriculum, encourages the development of critical thinking skills and a biblical worldview. In 5th grade, Your student will learn about minerals and rocks, fossils, matter and heat, energy, weather, biomes, ecosystems, sound and light, the respiratory, and the circulatory systems. Hands-on activities and projects help to develop science process skills.
Included in the BJU Press Science 5 Subject Kit 4th Edition are one of each of the following:
- Teacher’s Edition with CD 293001
- Student Text 286617
- Activity Manual 293019
- Activity Manual Answer Key 507491
- Tests 293027
- Test Answer Key 293043
Components of the BJU Press Science 5 Subject Kit may be purchased separately.
Science 5 Student
BJU Press Science 5 Student Text 4th Ed.
The BJU Press Science 5 Student Text 4th. Ed. has these features:
- Colorful diagrams, graphs, charts, and photographs and illustrations
- Quick Check questions
- Instructions for experiments, activities, and projects
- Vocabulary list, key ideas, and an application question at the end of each chapter
- Glossary and index in the back
Teacher’s Edition 5
Bob Jones Science 5 Teacher’s Edition with CD, 4th Ed.
In the Bob Jones Science 5 Teacher’s Edition with CD there are 180 lessons. It includes:
- Full-color reduced size student pages with overprinted answers (where applicable)
- Teaching notes in the side and bottom margins that include
- Additional background information
- Bible applications
- Cross-curricular links
- Scientific activities
- Unit Introductions with discussion questions and possible answers
- Each chapter has an Answers in Genesis lesson
- Lesson Plan Overviews
- Materials List
- A Teacher’s Toolkit CD includes:
- A digital copy of the Activity Manual Answer Key
- Reproducible worksheets, quizzes and quizzes answers
- Visuals and Student Text Diagrams
- Information about Science Fairs
- Instructional aids and more
Student Activity Manual 5
BJU Press Science 5 Student Activity Manual 4th Edition
The Bob Jones Science 5 Activity Manual offers a variety of pages to help the student understand the lesson material.
- Study Guide pages for review
- Recording pages to reinforce scientific methods
- Preview, Reinforcement, and Expansion pages
- Answers in Genesis pages about Christian belief versus secular science
The answer key is included in the Science 5 Teacher’s Edition with CD above.
Tests Grade 5
BJU Press Science 5 Tests 4th Edition
There are 12 chapter tests in the Bob Jones Science 5 Tests. The tests are consumable and intended for one student. Each test uses a variety of question formats.
Tests AK 5
Science 5 Test Answer Key 4th Edition
The Science 5 Test Answer Key has the answers to the Science 5 Tests overprinted on a copy of the student version.