Two Courses to Study PA History—For Elementary and Middle School
- If you use a textbook approach and want to satisfy the requirement of the PA homeschool law for teaching Pennsylvania history, then we recommend this book.
- It is a traditional textbook course, and no additional books are needed unless you want to supplement your study.
- Keystone meets the Pennsylvania state standards for a middle school Pennsylvania history text (not to be confused with common core state standards).
- It is a secular-based Pennsylvania history course.
- Explore Our Past!, also by Guy Graybill, is a history of Pennsylvania written for the elementary level.
Keystone A History of Pennsylvania Homeschool Bundle
Keystone, A History of Pennsylvania is historically accurate with beautiful pictures, most of which were taken by the author. There are pictures from every county in the commonwealth. Most of them were photographed by the author before he retired while traveling for his work.
Note: This curriculum mentions evolution and is not written from a creation science viewpoint. Since it meets the requirements for the new state standards, it can be used in Pennsylvania public schools and is a secular curriculum.
My opinion is that when differences in viewpoint come up, we should use these moments to discuss our Christian beliefs and values. That thought applies to any secular curriculum. I believe such discussions enable our children to take a stand at college and in the workplace when they encounter opposing beliefs.
Included in the Keystone Homeschool Bundle are one each of the following:
- Keystone A History of Pennsylvania 9780974703909
- Keystone Complement 0974703915
- Keystone Complement Educator’s Key 0974703915K
Grade: Middle School
Keystone A History of Pennsylvania
Keystone: A History of Pennsylvania, the student textbook, is available for an additional student.
Keystone Complement is the student workbook to accompany Keystone, A History of Pennsylvania.
Keystone Answer Key
Keystone Complement Educator’s Key
Answer Key for the Keystone Complement
Explore Our Past
Explore Our Past!
Explore Our Past! is Guy Graybill’s standard-based Pennsylvania History.
- Explore Our Past! is an elementary level study of Pennsylvania history.
- Each chapter offers a glossary, map study, bio’s, related history and student exercises.
- With a theme built around hot-air balloons, Explore Our Past! explores our state’s rich history at the elementary level.
- It has beautiful pictures and exciting narration.
- Our Hills and Forests
- Our Fields and Farms
- Our Underground: Oil, Coal, Etc.
- Our Waters
- Our Four Neighborhoods
- Our Past
- Our People
- Our Fun
- Our Travel
- Our Health
- Our Laws and Institutions