Satisfy Your State History Requirements With These Courses and Resources
It is required to study Pennsylvania state history if you homeschool in Pennsylvania. [Read more…]
- What better way can there be than through reading great books?
- If you like the literature unit study approach for studying Pennsylvania history, then you will appreciate Susan Kemmerer’s books.
- On the other hand, if you prefer the textbook approach, then you can choose
- Pennsylvania State History From a Christian Perspective~ By Joy Dean for grades 3-12
- Switched-On Schoolhouse 50 State History is a computer-based course for grades 7-12.
Check out these links for more information on Homeschooling in Pennsylvania
- Home Education and Private Tutoring Information from the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Read about Homeschooling in Pennsylvania by HSLDA (Requires your info)
Resources for Studying Pennsylvania History
- Explore Online! Visit virtual exhibits of the State Museum of Pennsylvania from the convenience of your home. See things made in Pennsylvania, learn about William Penn, and more in these online exhibits.
The World of William Penn
Good news! Beautiful Feet Books republished The World of William Penn. Like her other books, Genevieve Foster goes around the world during the life of William Penn.
You’ll learn about the Sun King, the Great Wall of China, Peter the Great, Sir Isaac Newton, the builder of the Taj Mahal and more.
196 pages, Trade PB, For ages 8 and up.
Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin
This lovely book was republished by Bradford Press. I love using Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin for Pennsylvania history when my children are in second grade! Makes an excellent supplemental book for Pennsylvania Keystones!
Gettysburg tells the story of the famous Civil War battle.
50 States Homeschool Curriculum—Study All Fifty United States in One Course
These courses are general studies of all 50 states of the United States in one unit.