Introduce Your Students to Physics and Chemistry In a Non-threatening Way
Paradigm Integrated Physics & Chemistry 1 and 2 is student and homeschool-friendly. [Read more…]
- Learn about the development of the Periodic Table of Elements by learning about the men and women who discovered the elements in chronological order.
- Captivate students’ interest with an engaging approach.
- Learn about the application of physics and chemistry to daily life.
- Encourages your student to assess data through the scientific method of discovery.
- Year 1 consists of Chapters 1 through 6 for 9th grade.
- Year 2 covers Chapters 7 through 12 for 10th grade.
- Gifted students in younger grades have used it successfully.
- When the student completes all 12 chapters, you can assign two credits (years) for Integrated Physics & Chemistry.
- It is available as a full course kit with the text, activities and teacher’s Resource Key in print or as a digital download.
- Motivate and Accelerate with Paradigm Curriculum
Digital Download: Paradigm Integrated Physics and Chemistry 1 and 2 Course Kit
The Paradigm Integrated Physics and Chemistry 1 & 2 Digital Download Course Kit includes everything you need to complete the course in digital format: Text, Activities, and the Teacher’s Resource Kit, all in PDF format.
- View the course on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- No internet access necessary once you download.
- Write answers on paper or in a program such as Microsoft Word (It is not interactive.)
- Receive the materials in a digital PDF format.
- Most budget-friendly option.
- Downloads as a .zip file that will be unzipped and saved on your device. Choose a file location that is easily remembered for easy access to your course.
Preview samples of Paradigm Integrated Physics and Chemistry at the publisher’s website
Integrated Physics and Chemistry Full Course Kit Years 1 and 2
The Paradigm Integrated Physics & Chemistry 1 & 2 Kit includes one printed set of each of the following:
- IPC Texts for Chapters 1-12 pac76187TBS
- IPC Activities, Quizzes, and Tests for Chapters 1-12 pac76187ABS
- Teacher’s Resource Kit with CD-Rom for Chapters 1-12 pac76185
Download samples of Paradigm Integrated Physics and Chemistry at the publisher’s website.
Two Year high school course. Print version.
Integrated Physics and Chemistry 1 and 2 Text Booklet Set
Year 1 Topics in Paradigm Integrated Physics & Chemistry (By Chapter)
- Periodic Table of the Elements, money metals, nonmetals, compounds, formulas, atomic weights, heat, measuring temperatures, Robert Boyle, Democritus, Lavoisier, Proust, Dalton, Rumford;
- Pendulum, Galileo, motion, speed, acceleration, light, Brahe, Kepler, Copernicus, Roemer, motion in heavens, velocity, mass, force, gravity, stars, three laws of motion, Newton, momentum, impulse, simple machines, kinetic and potential energy, mechanical and heat energy;
- Chemical nomenclature, Lavoiser’s list of elements, sulfur, diamonds, graphite, coal, medieval metals, platinum, zinc, cobalt, nickel, manganese molybdenum, tungsten, gases in the atmosphere, air pressure and humidity, Henry Cavendish, hydrogen, nitrogen, fertilizers and explosives, dynamite, laughing gas;
- Properties of solids, elasticity, cohesion and adhesion, density and pressure, hydrostatics, buoyancy, gases and diffusion, fluid flow, Bernoulli’s principle, changes of state, heat, waves in fluid, transverse and longitudinal waves, sound waves: amplitude and pitch, properties and sounds; and
- Static electricity, electric charge, lightening, electric potential, electric current, Ohm’s Law, Humphry Davy, sodium metals, lithium, sodium, beryllium, magnesium, calcium, strontium, barium, radium, periodic laws;
- Chromium, electrolysis, magnets, Mars, force fields, electric transformers, electromagnetism, light, color vision, light in straight lines, mirrors and telescopes, bending light, cameras and eyeglasses, microscopes, telescopes, rainbows.
- Exploring the Periodic Table, elements, fingerprints, noble gases, argon, chemical bonds, atom, electron, chemical bonding, fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine, astatine, halogens, acids, bases, salts, covalent compounds, water, ice, solutions, aquifers;
- Organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, black gold, benzene, organic acids, ethers, plastics, alcohol, changing molecules, carbohydrates, nitrogen compounds, fibers, vitamins, protein, colloids, Pasteur, Baekeland, Eijkman;
- Keeping time, calendar, sundials, hourglasses, clocks, navigation, sound, frequency, pitch, sound recording, Doppler shift, earthquake waves, radio, amplifying signals, semiconductors, transistors, parallel circuits;
- X-rays, radioactivity, electrons, protons, neutrons, isotopes, subatomic particles, half-life, radiation sickness, artificial radioactivity, fission, nuclear reactor, Albert Einstein, nuclear weapons, particle accelerators, detectors, conservation laws, nuclear energy, Rutherford, Becquerel, Marie Currie, Chadwick, Klaproth, Newton, Bohr; and
- The Earth, minerals; sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic rock, volcanoes, weathering, erosion, rock cycle, silicon, gems, boron, aluminum, energy, oxidizers, physical equilibrium, chemical equilibrium, careers;
- Speed, energy, force, simple machines, Laws of Motion, heat, pressure, density, wave motion, light, electricity, circuits, current, power, safety with electricity, discovery by design, careers in physics, Newton, Franklin.
The Integrated Physics and Chemistry 1 & 2 Text Booklet Set includes one of each of the text booklets for Chapters 1 to 6 for the extra student.
Year 1 & 2 Activity Booklets Set
Integrated Physics and Chemistry
The Integrated Physics and Chemistry Year 1 & 2 Activity Booklets Set includes one of each of the activity booklets for Chapters 1 to 12 for the extra student.
Year 1 & 2 Teacher
Integrated Physics and Chemistry 1 and 2 Teacher’s Resource Kit
The Paradigm Integrated Physics & Chemistry Years 1 and 2 TRK has the Activity Keys, Quizzes, Quiz Keys, Tests, and Test Keys.