Easy-to-Use Scripted Teacher Lessons for Saxon Math Homeschool Kits for First Grade
If this is your first time teaching first grade math, you’ll love the “scripted” teacher’s manual in Saxon Math 1. [Features…]
Saxon Math 1 Homeschool Kit
Saxon Math 1 Homeschool Kit, 1st Edition
Publisher: Saxon Homeschool. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- If you need help to teach math concepts, then this complete program will help.
- The Math 1 Kit Includes the Teacher Manual, Student Workbook, and Meeting Book for First Grade.
- Each lesson in the Saxon Math 1 Teacher’s Manual is scripted with what the teacher should say with suggested student answers.
- The in-depth instructions and learning activities for the student are a plus for this program, especially if math wasn’t your best subject in school!
- It is easy to plan and make a schedule because the lessons are uniformly formatted.
- You will need various manipulatives for this program.
- The manipulatives called for in Math 1 are pattern blocks, geoboards, linking cubes, a tangram set, teddy bear counters, a demonstration clock, a set of double-six dominoes, and a balance.
- Over the years homeschooling families have used Saxon Math homeschool courses with great results.
- The following article is from the publisher’s website and shows some of the scientific research about this math program: Saxon Math Research
- Helpful Links for Saxon Math Curriculum
- Primary Placement Test for Saxon Math K-3 This is the placement test in an Adobe file for grades K to 3. I suggest saving it to your computer as it will print faster.
- Reasons to Use Saxon Math for Homeschool
- Useful Links for Saxon Math Need help to place your student in Saxon? Need reasons to choose Saxon?
- Saxon Math K-3 Manipulatives are available for purchase separately.
Included in the Saxon Math 1 Homeschool Kit:
- Saxon Math 1 Homeschool Teacher’s Manual [ISBN-13: 9781565770140] features:
- Step-by-step instructions and scripts
- 130 lessons
- Pre-class preparation instructions
- A complete list of materials needed for each lesson
- Lay-flat spiral binding
- 703 pages
- Saxon Math 1 Workbooks and Fact Cards [ISBN-13: 9780939798810] features:
- All the necessary student materials including the two-part workbook, practice pages, masters and fact cards.
- Saxon Math 1 Meeting Book [ISBN-13: 9781565770225]
- Used for the opening exercise and to teach the days, years, and dates.
More Saxon Math Homeschool Kits at Lamp Post Homeschool
Saxon Math K
Saxon Math 2
Saxon Math 3
For Saxon Math K-3
Saxon Math™ is a trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.