Economical and Homeschool Friendly Phonics Workbook Bundles
Read about the features of Explode the Code.
- Supplement any reading program or teach reading if you are familiar with phonics.
- We had phonics experience and worked one-on-one with each child to learn to read with Explode the Code workbooks.
- If you aren’t sure where to place your student, there is a Placement Test.
- Or if you know which sounds the student needs to learn, then you can look at the list of sounds covered in each book to choose the best level.
- Choose the easier level if the results are close. Success breeds success. When a student is struggling with a subject, there is nothing like doing it successfully. Doing an easier level at first is also a good way to learn how the workbooks are formatted and get used to it.
- There’s a reason the pictures are goofy and look as if a child drew them.
- No guessing what the picture is about!
- Your student has to read to answer correctly.
- As you work one-on-one with your child on each page, you can teach, reinforce, and praise your child’s handwriting, spelling, and reading skills.
- For the child who likes to learn with flash cards, Code Cards are available.
- For the child who needs more practice and review, the ½ level workbooks are available.
- The Explode the Code® Phonics Workbooks are available separately or in bundles.
- According to the publisher’s website, Explode the Code Phonics Workbooks aligns to the Common Core State Standards.
- Note: if you are opposed to the CCS, please take our word that the workbooks themselves haven’t changed enough to reject them because they meet those standards. Changes in the workbooks have improved them in our opinion. (like half-dot lines added for answers in Book 1, for example.)
- Before your student starts in Explode the Code Books 1 to 8, he should know the consonants and their sounds.
- These are taught in Get Ready Get Set and Go for the Code Workbooks A to C.
Explode the Code Deluxe Bundle 2nd Edition
The Explode the Code Deluxe Bundle includes one each of the following 2nd edition books:
Explode the Code Complete Bundle
The Explode the Code Complete Bundle includes one each of the following 2nd edition books:
Explode the Code Workbooks 1-8 Bundle 2nd Edition
The Explode the Code Workbooks 1-8 Bundle 2nd Edition includes one each of the following:
Explode the Code Workbooks 1½ to 6½ Bundle, 2nd Edition
The Explode the Code 1/2 Workbooks Bundle 2nd Edition includes one each of the following:
- EC Student Workbooks 1½, 2½, 3½, 4½, 5½, and 6½
Explode the Code Placement Tests for Books A-C and 1-8
The Explode the Code Placement Tests are a “quick assessment designed to help teachers place their students in the appropriate level of the series. The tests assess the skills presented in the series.”
“The results of the tests can also point to specific skill areas where students need improvement. This resource provides a description of four tests and two that are optional along with instructions for administration, scoring, and analysis. It includes reproducible test forms and summary sheets.”
Explode the Code Cards
The Code Cards have word pictures and letters for Books 1 to 3, including the 1/2 levels, are index card size in black and white.
More Reading Programs at Lamp Post Homeschool
Explode the Code® is a registered trademark of EPS School Specialty.