Featuring Decodable Stories That Correspond to Explode the Code 1-4
Beyond the Code provides additional reading, writing, and spelling practice in a fun format. [Read more…]
- Books 1 through 4 are the comprehension and reasoning companion books for Explode the Code books.
- Beyond the Code may also be used independently.
- Each book in the Beyond the Code Reading Comprehension Series has different stories.
- Introductory exercises teach word families and vocabulary.
- Follow-up questions develop students’ understanding of the stories and encourage their reasoning abilities.
- After each story, students can complete illustrations by adding their own drawings.
- Skills covered include:
- Spelling Patterns
- Sight words
- Vocabulary development
- Following directions
- Critical thinking
- Story recall
- Inferential Thinking
- Rhyming Words
- Multi-syllabic words
- Matching sentences to pictures
- According to the publisher’s website, Beyond the Code is aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
Beyond the Code Workbook 1
Beyond the Code Book 1 contains three illustrated stories and various related exercises.
Beyond the Code Workbook 2
Book 2 contains seven illustrated stories and accompanying exercises.
Beyond the Code Book 3
Book 3 has five illustrated stories with the related exercises listed above.
Beyond the Code Workbook 4
Book 4 has six illustrated stories with accompanying exercises.
Explode the Code® is a registered trademark of EPS School Specialty.