Traditional Christian-based Biology Curriculum (5th Edition)
Use for homeschooling, co-ops, and Christian school—It’s an academic biology course for college-bound students.[Read more…]
- Adapt it to the homeschool setting with helpful information.
- Use for homeschooling, co-ops, and Christian school—It’s an academic biology course for college-bound students.
- This traditional Christian-based biology course has these components available:
- Teacher’s Edition
- Student Text
- Test Answer Key
- Student Lab Manual
- Teacher’s Lab Manual
- Or you can purchase a complete homeschool kit for one student and one teacher.
BJU Press Biology Homeschool Kit 5th Edition
The BJU Press Biology Homeschool Kit (5th Edition), a Christian-based traditional textbook biology curriculum, teaches critical thinking, applies a Christian worldview in the field of biology, provides an academic teaching of evolution that also analyzes and evaluates it from a biblical worldview, and covers from the microscopic world of the cells to the macroscopic world of plants, animals, and the human body.
It includes one of each of the following items.
- Teacher’s Edition with CD 502112
- Student Text 500793
- Teacher’s Edition Lab Manual 502088
- Student Lab Manual 502070
- Tests 502120
- Tests Answer Key 502138
BJU Press has a Biology Dissection Lab DVD.
BJU Press Biology Student Text 5th Ed.
The BJU Press Biology Student Text has these features:
- Clear scientific images
- Case studies
- Lab Activities
- Questions to help students think like scientists
Bob Jones Biology Teacher’s Edition with CD 5th Ed.
The Bob Jones Biology Teacher’s Edition with CD has:
- Reduced student pages
- Teaching Notes in the side and bottom margins.
- Detailed teaching schedule
- Suggestions and tips for teaching
- Answers to review questions
The Teacher’s Toolkit CD has all the supplements needed for teaching Biology including:
- List of suggested field trips
- Large digital image gallery
- Editable Lam Manual Materials list
- Full Year Lesson Plan overview.
- Other supplemental information
Teacher’s Edition Lab Manual
Biology Lab Manual Teacher’s Edition 5th Ed.
The Biology Lab Manual Teacher has overprinted answers and helps students learn about life through:
- Observing, recording, and analyzing samples and data from the living world
- Making models, predictions, and graphs
Biology Student Lab Manual 5th Edition
Explore God’s world in the lab and in the field with BJU Press Biology Lab Manual (5th Edition). Learn about life through dissection, observing, recording, analyzing and making models, predictions, and graphs.
Short of setting up a functional biology lab in your home, what is a homeschool family to do?
Alternatives to set up a biology lab at home include:
- Find a local homeschool co-op or Christian camp that offers biology labs.
- Search online at Google Images for microscopic slides or at YouTube for videos of specific biology experiments. I quickly found many choices for Penicillium slides and frog dissection videos. You could give your student the responsibility of finding these. It would be a good experience to view the different choices and make the best selection. Of course, parental supervision of your student’s internet activities is strongly advised.
BJU Press Biology Tests (tests only) 5th Ed.
The Biology Tests (5th Edition) have a variety of formats including:
- Labeling diagrams
- Reading graphs
Tests Answer Key
Biology Test Answer Key 5th Ed.
The Biology Tests Answer Key has overprinted answers for each chapter test.
Biology Dissection Lab DVD
Item # bju205773
The Biology Dissection Lab DVD is an excellent step by step dissection video for any biology curriculum.
- With color and close-up photography, it identifies major organs and systems and discusses their functions.
- Watching this DVD is a great thing to do with another homeschooling family!