Help Your Student Who Is Struggling With Phonics-based Reading?
Sometimes all that is needed for a child to learn to read with phonics is extra review of basic phonics. Take time now to reinforce your child’s knowledge of phonics. It’s worth your time and effort. It’s not about being able to read in first grade. It is all about teaching your child to read well for the rest of his or her life. [Read more…]
The Phonics Review Workbook from BJU Press offers these features.
- Two units of phonemic awareness practice
- Four units on different phonics skills and comprehension practice
- Skills review with story booklets and creative writing activities
- Can be used to help ESL students learn sounds and spellings of English words.
- Full-color illustrations and a spacious layout
The Answer Key makes it easy to grade the student workbook because:
- Reduced-size student pages are overprinted with the correct answers in a bold red font
- Four student pages with answers are printed on each AK page
- A list of Rules and Definitions is in the back
Phonics Review Student Text
For the student who is struggling or was never taught the basic phonics concepts, the Phonic Review Student Text will be helpful.
- It has two units to provide phonemic awareness practice.
- The remaining four units focus on different phonics skills and comprehension practice.
- New skills are reviewed with story booklets and creative writing activities.
- Phonics Review can also be used to help ESL students to learn to identify the sounds and varied spellings of English language words.
- The full-color illustrations are mostly photographs with some drawings.
- The layout is spacious and not crammed.
- It has many different types of activities—a good mix of easy and more challenging types.
Suitable for students who need help with phonics. Consumable softcover text with 256 pages.
Phonics Review Answer Key
The BJU Press Phonics Review Answer Key shows reduced-size student pages with answers filled in with a bold red font.
- Four student pages are on each AK page. This makes grading much easier.
- The Phonics Review Answer Key also has a list of Rules and Definitions in the back.