A Hands-On Multi-Level Science Course with a Christian Perspective
- Introducing science concepts as they were discovered in history is Dr. Jay L. Wile’s goal in creating this new elementary science series with a Christian perspective.
- Learn about scientific discoveries in chronological order—Doesn’t that make sense?
- Study science from the early Greek philosophers to the devout Christian scientists who studied God’s handiwork—From 600 BC to the early AD 1500s.
- This series has three levels of review for each lesson for students with different skill levels.
Ancient World Set
Science in the Ancient World Set
One of each of the following books is included in the Science in the Ancient World Set.
- Science in the Ancient World Text 9780989042420
For additional students or when doing the course with a co-op or someone else who has the Helps & Hints, you can purchase the textbook by itself.
- Helps and Hints for Science in the Ancient World 9780989042437
View samples at the publisher’s website:
There are 90 lessons in this course. Instructions explain that you can do lessons every other day if you want to include the optional challenge lessons or only twice a week if you don’t. Wisely, Dr. Wile leaves it to the parent to decide how many science lessons their children need. Students who have a talent for science will want to do the challenge lessons. Skipping the extras doesn’t interfere with regular lessons because the content in challenge lessons isn’t linked to the daily lesson content.
- Each lesson in Science in the Ancient World has a hands-on activity that will engage your student.
- The reading part of the lesson is usually 1-2 pages.
- At the end of each lesson is a review.
- The review has three levels of questions: Youngest Students, Older Students, and Oldest Students. These are writing/journaling types of questions.
- Younger students who aren’t writing yet could answer orally. If you want them to do some copy work, you could write the answer for them to copy into their notebook.
Multilevel Grades K-6th
Science in the Ancient World Textbook
Science in the Ancient World covers a wide variety of topics because it’s a chronological study of science as it was developed.
- Learn about science from the time of the early Greek philosophers to the devout Christian scientists who studied God’s handiwork
- Study science topics related to:
- Human anatomy
- Water flow
- and more
- View samples at the publisher’s website:
Multi-Level Grades K-6th
Helps and Hints
Helps and Hints for Science in the Ancient World
Helps and Hints for Science in the Ancient World contains:
- Answers to the review exercises
- Hints to make some lessons easier
- Tests and answers for those who want to test their children
This book comes with the set, but it’s available separately if you need an extra copy.
Multilevel Grades K-6th