Christian-Based Traditional Textbook Math Courses
Instruction in early elementary grades focuses on mastering concepts with some continual review. The pace picks up in the upper elementary and secondary levels. [Read more…]
- We think most students will like the K-3 program.
- If your student needs more time and help, go slower with the program.
- If you have a child gifted in math, then finish the level and start the next one.
- If your student is college-bound, BJU Press high school math is a good traditional math curriculum choice.
- Chapters are grouped by topicsIf you’re not sure about college, it is still a good choice because if your student studies through algebra 2—Keep that door open and cover math for college entrance.
- Lessons are focused on learning one concept.
- Reviews are included in the chapters.
- Word problems are included throughout the lessons
- Manipulatives are reasonably priced and well done.
- Work pages have the right number of problems and are not too busy.
BJU Press Math Reviews Activities for grades 1-6 are great for grade level skills review.
Reasonably priced and each page is a page of review of the same type of problem. With whatever math curriculum you are using, if you need some extra practice, the BJU Press Math Reviews are excellent workbooks will meet the need. Speed of computation is something homeschoolers tend to lack. I think these could also help those students who KNOW the concepts, but need to speed up!