Explode the Code ½ Workbooks Series—For the Student Who Needs Extra Practice
For example, if your student completed level 1, but struggled with it or needs more practice in the same level, then use EC Book 1 ½ before proceeding to Level 2. [Read more…]
- If your student is doing well with each level, you won’t need the ½ books.
- Each ½ workbook covers the same sounds as the workbook in that level. [Workbook 1 and Workbook 1½ cover the same sounds, for example.]
- The ½ workbooks provide extra phonics and reading practice for students who need review and reinforcement before moving to the next level.
- Keep in mind that your student may not need every ½ book in the six levels.
- Use them as needed to make sure your student masters and understands the sounds and skills covered in each level before proceeding to the next one.
- If only a couple of sounds are a problem, perhaps you can review with library books that focus on the problem sound.
- Save when you purchase all six books in the EC 1/2 Series Bundle.
Explode the Code Workbook 1½ workbook 2nd Edition
The 1½ workbook provides further short vowel practice in reading for the student who needs to review these skills before moving into Explode the Code Book 2.
Explode the Code Workbook 2½
The 2½ Workbook has more practice in Explode the Code Book 2 skills
Explode the Code Workbook 3½
Workbook 3½ provides more practice in Explode the Code Book 3 skills.
Explode the Code Workbook 4½
Explode the Code Workbook 4½ has more practice in Explode the Code Book 4 skills. If your child needs more help with those skills, then consider using the half level to reinforce them.
Explode the Code Workbook 5½
Explode the Code Workbook 5½ provides further practice in Explode the Code Book 5 skills.
Does he need more practice with Level 5½ or is it better to move on to Level 6?
If your child is going slow in Book 5, but mastering the concepts, you need to decide if he needs more practice or if moving on to Book 6 will be motivational. It’s a hard call for levels 5 and 6, but you know your student best.
Explode the Code Workbook 6½
Explode the Code Workbook 6½ has more practice in Explode the Code Book 6 skills. If your child is struggling more and more with each level, then completing workbook 6½ before moving on can help.
Explode the Code® is a registered trademark of EPS School Specialty.