Take a Music Theory Course—An Essential for Any Budding Musician
It’s essential to study music theory if your child is a serious music student. Learning music theory is a key component to learning to sing or play any instrument—It makes learning anything musical much easier.
- For music students who are ages 8 to 12, we offer Alfred’s Theory for Young Musicians.
- There are two ways to do the Essentials of Music Theory for students who are ages 10 and up.
- The first way to get the Essentials of Music Theory for those who want a book version with a teacher’s answer key, student books, and Ear Training CDs.
- The second way, if you have an independent learner who wants a computer program is the Essentials of Music Theory Version 3.
This choice works best if you have only one student who wants to use the book method.
Notespeller Book Only
Theory for Young Musicians 9780739002315
Book 2 and Compact Disc
Theory for Young Musicians 9780739002360
Theory for Young Musicians Book 2 and Compact Disc
Theory for Young Musicians Book 2 with CD has theory lessons, ear training lessons, and worksheets.
- Listen to samples at the publisher’s website.
Book 1 and Compact Disc
Theory for Young Musicians
More Music Curriculum at Lamp Post Homeschool
Speech and Drama
Worship Guitar Class