Meet Your Oregon State History Requirements with These Homeschool-Friendly Courses
Satisfy your state history requirements with Oregon State History from a Christian Perspective. My Oregon State History Funbook adds activities for younger children. Switched-On Schoolhouse State History is also available if you want to study different states.
Check out these links for more information on Oregon Homeschool Law.
Resources for Studying Oregon State History
- Oregon Historical Society Explore their website!
- Oregon Historical Society Education Page
Learn about education and outreach programs of OHS.
Supplement your study of Oregon state history.
- History Hub at the Oregon Historical Society
Study the diversity of Oregon at the History Hub!
Oregon State History from a Christian Perspective Set
The Oregon State History From a Christian Perspective Set includes one of each of the following items:
- Master Lesson Plan for State History From a Christian Perspective
- Oregon Student Booklet You will need one consumable student booklet for each student in grades 3-12.
Decide how long you want to study your state with the Master Lesson Plan—one semester, 6 weeks, or a concentrated 10-day study.
- Include a younger student with My Oregon State History Funbook. You need one for each younger student.
Master Lesson Plan Book for State History from a Christian Perspective
The Master Lesson Plan Book is available for separate purchase when you need additional copies, say if you are using it in a co-op or with a tutor.
- Provides a basic 30-lesson course.
- Adaptable to your schedule with one-semester, 6-week, and 10-day plans.
- Each lesson will take about 20-30 minutes.
- Adjust lesson difficulty for different grades with lesson options and expansion suggestions.
- It is generic to the State History From a Christian Perspective series—Use with the Student Booklet for any state.
- If you wish to study a different state, purchase a Student Booklet for that state.
- View a Sample Lesson
Oregon State History Student Booklet
Extra copies of the Oregon State History-Christian Perspective Student Booklet are available separately for additional students.
- Your student will study interesting facts, geographical features, history, government, landmarks, and animals of Oregon.
- The consumable student booklet includes text, maps, color state symbol pictures, 6 quizzes, 2 tests, and an answer key.
- You need the Master Lesson Plan Book to oversee the student work.
- Each student needs a copy of the Oregon History Student Booklet.
- Use information and pictures from this student booklet to make a project notebook using a 3-ring binder.
- High school students will work independently on their project notebook.
- Students in Grades 3-8 will need more parental supervision.
Oregon: My State History Funbook
Oregon: My State History Funbook is a color-cut-and-paste activity book. Provide an introduction to Oregon through fun activities on a pre-school or early elementary grade level.
My Oregon State History Funbook Packet consists of a spiral-bound, pre-formatted activity book with a set of Activity Pages for Oregon.
- Activity pages include
- State symbol pictures in color
- Informational cutout sheets about your state
- Simple lesson schedule
- Instructions for the teacher
- Free tourist literature source list
- Consumable: Each younger student needs one.
- Covers state symbols, history, important people, geography, weather, citizenship, state government, industry, agriculture, plants and animals, scenery, and recreational spots.
- Construct a colorful scrapbook about your state, using pictures and cutouts included in the packet along with pictures from free tourist literature.
- Use with the Master Lesson Plan Book.
- Correlates to the upper-level course so you can include younger students for a “multilevel” course.
- To combine this course with Fifty States Under God for Young Learners, please see the publisher’s Suggested Course Combos & Schedules.
- Using information and pictures from this student booklet, your student will make a project notebook using a 3-ring binder.
- Younger students will need more parental supervision.
Age 3 to Grade 2
50 States Homeschool Curriculum—Study All Fifty United States in One Course
These courses are general studies of all 50 states of the United States in one unit.