Satisfy Your Alabama State History Requirements with These Courses
Satisfy your state history requirements with Alabama State History From a Christian Perspective. My Alabama State History Funbook adds activities for younger children.
Switched-On Schoolhouse State History is also available if you want to study different states
Check out these links for more information on Alabama Homeschool Law
- About Home Schooling in Alabama Under the Non-Public School Tab.
- Read about Homeschooling in Alabama by HSLDA (Requires your info)
Resources for Studying Alabama History
- Alabama Department of Archives and History Education Page
Learn about Alabama state history with History at Home Activities, online resources, and more.
Take some time to check out what’s available on this page.
Alabama State History From a Christian Perspective Set
The Alabama State History From a Christian Perspective Set includes one of each item:
- Master Lesson Plan for State History From a Christian Perspective
- Alabama Student Booklet You will need one consumable student booklet for each student in grades 3-12.
Decide how long you want to study your state with the Master Lesson Plan—one semester, 6 weeks, or a concentrated 10-day study.
- Include a younger student with My Alabama State History Funbook You need one for each younger student.
Master Lesson Plan Book for State History From a Christian Perspective
The Master Lesson Plan Book is available for separate purchase when you need additional copies, say if you are using it in a co-op or with a tutor.
- Provides a Basic 30-lesson course.
- Adaptable to your schedule with one-semester, 6-week, and 10-day plans.
- Each lesson will take about 20-30 minutes.
- Adjust lesson difficulty for different grades with lesson options and expansion suggestions.
- It is generic to the State History From a Christian Perspective series—Use with the Student Booklet for any state.
- If you wish to study a different state, purchase a Student Booklet for that state.
- View a Sample Lesson
Alabama History Student Booklet
Extra copies of the Alabama State History Student Booklet are available separately for additional students.
- The consumable student booklet includes text, maps, color state symbol pictures, 6 quizzes, 2 tests, and an answer key.
- You need the Master Lesson Plan Book to oversee the student work.
- Each student needs a copy of the Alabama History Student Booklet.
- Use information and pictures from this student booklet to make a project notebook using a 3-ring binder.
- High school students work independently on their project notebook.
- Students in grades 3-8 will need more parental supervision.
Alabama: My State History Funbook
Alabama: My State History Funbook is a color-cut-and-paste activity book. Provide an introduction to Alabama with fun activities on a pre-school or early elementary grade level.
My Alabama State History Funbook Packet consists of a spiral-bound, pre-formatted activity book with a set of Activity Pages for Alabama.
- Activity pages include
- State symbol pictures in color
- Informational cutout sheets about your state
- Simple lesson schedule
- Instructions for the teacher
- Free tourist literature source list
- Consumable: Each younger student needs one.
- Covers state symbols, history, important people, geography, weather, citizenship, state government, industry, agriculture, plants and animals, scenery, and recreational spots.
- Construct a colorful scrapbook about your state, using pictures and cutouts included in the packet along with pictures from free tourist literature.
- Use with the Master Lesson Plan Book.
- Correlates to the upper-level course so you can include younger students for a “multilevel” course.
- To combine this course with Fifty States Under God for Young Learners, please see the publisher’s Suggested Course Combos & Schedules.
- Using information and pictures from this student booklet, your student will make a project notebook using a 3-ring binder.
- Younger students will need more parental supervision.
Age 3 to Grade 2
50 States Homeschool Curriculum—Study All Fifty United States in One Course
These courses are general studies of all 50 states of the United States in one unit.