Christian-based Traditional Economics for High School
- Teach economic principles from a conservative approach with a one-semester course.
- Learn to think critically about economic issues.
- Study economic models, the stock market, banking, fiscal policy, economic theorists, and more with a biblical perspective.
- Each chapter has information about personal finances and encourages a biblical view of stewardship.
- It is suggested for the twelfth grade, but I have used it with success for a tenth grader with good reading comprehension skills.
- Student and teacher components are available individually or in a homeschool kit for one student and one teacher.
BJU Press Economics Homeschool Kit
The Bob Jones Economics Homeschool Kit 3rd Edition includes one of each of the following items:
- Teacher’s Edition (3rd Ed.) 500553
- Student Text (3rd Ed.) 298695
- Student Activities (3rd Ed.) 500561
- Activities Answer Key (3rd Ed.) 500579
- Tests (3rd Ed.) 500587
- Test Answer Key (3rd Ed.) 500595
Economics Teachers Edition 3rd Ed.
The Bob Jones Economics Teacher’s Edition 3rd Ed. includes the reduced student text pages and ideas and activities to guide teaching.
- Answers (with page numbers) are provided in notes in the margins.
- Each chapter starts with a Lesson Plan Chart that includes the lessons from the chapter and a suggested teaching schedule.
- Icons indicate additional activities or discussions such as field trips, Bible study, outside reading, website, charts and graphs, and more.
Economics Student Text 3rd Ed.
The BJU Press Economics Student Text (3rd Edition) features:
- Introduces and explores key principles of economics from household purchases to the stock market.
- Each chapter includes personal finance sections that explain important economic principles and provide practical information about budgeting, banking, debt, credit, and interest.
- Learn about issues related to national economic systems and policies.
Economics Student Activities 3rd Ed.
We recommend using the Economics Student Activities because of the graphing activities. Knowing how to convert a table to a graph and interpret graphs and tables is a necessary skill on achievement tests. Our daughter who used the previous edition of this course did well when she took economics in college.
Two of our children (10th and 12th graders) used the 3rd edition this past year and did quite well with it. Most of the activities are very good for reinforcing the concepts and developing critical thinking skills.
Economics Student Activities Answer Key 3rd Ed.
The Economics Student Activities Answer Key 3E has the answers to the Student Activities.
Economics Tests (1 Packet) 3rd Ed.
The Bob Jones Economics Tests Packet is for a single student. There is one test for each chapter.
Economics Tests Answer Key 3rd Ed.
The Economics Tests Answer Key has answers to the Economics Tests.