Provide Traditional Coverage of Civics in a Complete Homeschool Kit
Written with a secular perspective, the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Civics Homeschool Package ©2018 includes the Student Text, Teacher Edition, Online Student Resource Package, and Online Teacher Resource Package. Grades 7-10
2018 HMH Social Studies Civics Homeschool Package
The HMH Civics Homeschool Package ©2018, a secular-based economics curriculum, contains one of each of the following items:
Civics Student Edition Textbook 9780544917132
Offers comprehensive content coverage through an engaging narrative supported by compelling and instructive visuals and features:
- View 2018 Civics Table of Contents.
- Chapters—Open with an introduction, list of sections, and which National Standards for Civics and Government are covered in the chapter.
- Reading Skills—Teach important skills for successful reading.
- Civics Skills—Learn and apply a useful critical thinking, media literacy, or participation skill.
- Focus On—Provides biographies about important people in the United States.
- Section Assessments—To make sure the student understands the main ideas in each section.
- Full-Page Art—Visual explanations of important material from the chapter.
- Media Investigation—Help to study and understand different types of popular media.
- Why Civics Matters—Help
- Personal Finance Handbook—Real-world problems and solutions involving personal money management.
- Criminal Justice System Handbook—Help
- Historic Documents—Such as the Magna Carta, Articles of Confederation, the Gettysburg Address, and more.
- Political Cartoons—Help
- Primary Sources—Help
- Students Take Action—Stories of students who participated in the Center for Civic Education’s Project Citizen program.
- Law 101—Focuses on legal issues that affect everyday life.
- Hardcover, 766 Pages
Civics Teacher Edition 9780544917149
- Focuses on planning and instructional support with a special emphasis on helping teachers balance their print and digital resources to maximize blended learning.
- Support to plan and deliver instruction for different activities and for students at different ability levels.
(Hardcover, 880 Pages)
Civics Digital Access Subscriptions (1-year) includes one of each item:
(NOTE: The digital access components are not available for individual purchase yet. You need to purchase a Homeschool Kit for each student.)
- Online Student Resource Package 9780358238249
The Online Student Edition resides on a responsive learning system, enabling it to function across operating systems and devices.
Features: Audio Highlighting and Note-taking, Access to Reading Study Guide, Interactives, and more.
- Online Teacher Resource Package 9780358238256
1. Discover—Quickly access content and search program resources.
2. Plans—Organize resources and create plans.
3. Assignments—Create assignments and track the progress.
4. Data & Reports—Monitor the student’s daily progress.
NOTE: This is a print and digital homeschool kit.
Digital components come with a 1-year subscription.
You will receive your digital access from [email protected]
UNIT 1 A Tradition of Democracy
1 We the People
2 Foundation of Government
3 The United States Constitution
4 Rights and Responsibilities
UNIT 2 The Federal Government
5 The Legislative Branch
6 The Executive Branch
7 The Judicial Branch
UNIT 3 State and Local Government
8 State Government
9 Local Government
UNIT 4 The Citizen in Government
10 Electing Leaders
11 The Political System
12 Paying for Government
UNIT 5 The Citizen in Society
13 Citizenship and the Family
14 Citizenship in School
15 Citizenship in the Community
16 Citizenship and the Law
Criminal Justice System Handbook
Unit 6 The American Economy
17 The Economic System
18 Goods and Services
19 Personal Finances
20 Economic Challenges
21 The U.S. Economy and the World
22 Career Choices
Personal Finance Handbook
Unit 7 The United States and the World
23 Foreign Policy
24 Charting a Course