Traditional Christian-based Chemistry Curriculum for 11th Grade
- Study atomic structure, chemical composition, chemical reactions and chemistry topics.
- Learn how to use the tools of chemistry to glorify God and help people.
- Highlights different fields of chemistry to show how people use chemistry.
- BJU Press Chemistry is used successfully by homeschoolers, co-ops, and Christian school.
- This traditional Christian-based chemistry course has these components: Teacher’s Edition, Student Text, Tests, Test Answer Key, Student Lab Manual, and Teacher’s Lab Manual.
- Or you can purchase a complete homeschool kit for one student and one teacher.
BJU Press Chemistry Kit 4th Edition
BJU Press Chemistry Subject Kit (4th Edition), a traditional Christian-based chemistry course, studies atomic structure, chemical composition, chemical reactions, and chemistry topics to prepare your student for college chemistry. It is used successfully by homeschoolers, co-ops, and Christian school.
The Bob Jones Chemistry 4th Edition Home School Kit includes one of each of the following:
- Teacher’s Edition with CD 4th ed. 294157
- Student Worktext 294425
- Student Lab Manual 4th ed. 294173
- Teacher’s Lab Manual 4th ed. 294165
- Tests 4th ed. 294181
- Test Answer Key 4th ed. 294207
BJU Press Chemistry Student Text 4th Edition
The BJU Press Chemistry Student Text 4th edition has these features:
- Chapters Objectives
- Boldfaced glossary terms
- Margin Boxes with additional info
- Example problems
- Problem-solving strategy boxes
- Facets-extra information about the topic
- Worldview Sleuthing boxes-helps your student view controversial areas in chemistry through the lens of Scripture
- Review questions
- Career Boxes about chemistry-related occupations
- Chapter summaries
Bob Jones Chemistry Teacher’s Edition with CD 4th Edition
The Chemistry Teacher’s Edition with CD 4th Edition has the following features:
- Lesson plan overview
- Chapter Overview
- Suggested Teaching Schedule
- Margin notes including:
- Identifies lab activities that fit with the lesson
- Suggested demonstrations with details for implementation
- Bible integration help
- Difficult concept help
- Related web resources
- Outside Reading suggestions
- Review advice
- Group Activity suggestions
- What’s available for that lesson on the Teacher’s Toolkit
- Related links from other subjects
- Ideas for enrichment writing
The Teacher’s Toolkit CD has extra material including:
- Chapter visuals
- Section quizzes
- Resources for enrichment and practice
- Extra labs
- Editable lab equipment and materials list
- Printable periodic table
- Worldview sleuthing grading rubrics
BJU Press Chemistry Tests 3rd Edition
There are 20 chapter tests in the Chemistry Tests.
Each test has a variety of formats including:
- Labeling diagrams
- Short answer
Chemistry Tests Answer Key 4th Edition
The Chemistry Tests Answer Key has overprinted answers for all the objective questions and suggested responses for the essay questions.
Teacher’s Lab Manual
Chemistry Lab Manual Teacher’s Edition 4th Edition
The Chemistry Lab Manual Teacher has suggested answers for the activities.
Student Lab Manual
Chemistry Student Lab Manual 4th Edition
The Chemistry Student Lab Manual has guided inquiry labs.
For homeschoolers, alternatives to setting up a functional chemistry lab include:
- Find a local homeschool co-op or Christian camp that offers biology labs.
- For example, our local Camp Susque has a science lab classroom.
- They offer chemistry labs to homeschool students in their off-season.
- Search online at Google and YouTube for free video demos of the experiments.
- You could give your student the responsibility of finding these.
- It would be a good experience to view the different choices and make the best selection.
- Of course, parental supervision of your student’s internet activities is strongly advised.