Homeschool Friendly Algebra 1 for 9th Grade
- Saxon Math™ Algebra 1 Homeschool Kit includes a hardcover Student Textbook and softcover Answer Key and Test Forms.
- The 3rd Edition of Algebra 1 is the last edition of Saxon Algebra 1 to include Geometry.
- We think the Solution Manuals are a must for Algebra 1! Not just the answers are included; the problems are worked for you!
- Helpful Links for Saxon Math
- If you need help with Saxon Algebra 1, you might want to purchase
Saxon Algebra 1 3rd Edition Homeschool Kit with Solutions Manual
Saxon Algebra 1 covers all the topics in a first-year algebra course including proofs, statistics, probability, and algebra-based real world problems.
The Algebra 1 Kit 3rd Edition with Solutions Manual includes one of each of the following items.
Algebra 1 Homeschool Kit
Saxon Algebra 1 3rd Ed. Homeschool Kit
The Saxon Algebra 1, Third Edition is made up of five instructional components: Introduction of the New Increment, Examples with Complete Solutions, Practice of the Increment, Daily Problem Set, and Cumulative Tests.
Algebra 1 covers topics typically treated in a first-year algebra course.
The Saxon Algebra 1, Third Edition Homeschool Kit includes one of each of the following items.
A Solutions Manual is available separately.
Saxon Algebra 1 Student Textbook 3rd Edition
Buy this when you want an Algebra 1 Student Textbook for an additional student. One copy is included when you purchase the Algebra 1 Homeschool Kit.
Topics covered in Algebra 1, 3rd Edition include:
- Arithmetic and evaluation of expressions involving signed numbers, exponents, and roots
- Properties of real numbers
- Absolute value
- Equations and inequalities involving absolute value
- Scientific notation
- Unit conversions
- Solution of equations in one unknown
- Solution of simultaneous equations
- The algebra of polynomials and rational expressions
- Word problems requiring algebra for the solution (such as uniform motion and coin problems)
- Graphs of a variety of functions: linear, quadratic, cubic, square root, absolute value, etc.
- Graphical solution of simultaneous equations
- Translations and reflections of graphs
- Pythagorean theorem
- Algebraic proofs
- Functional notation and functions
- Solution of quadratic equations by factoring, completing the square, and quadratic formula
- Direct and inverse variation
- Exponential growth
- Computation of the perimeter and area of two-dimensional regions
- Computation of the surface area and volume of a wide variety of geometric solids
Saxon Algebra 1 3rd Edition Solutions Manual*
The Algebra 1 3rd Edition Solutions Manual has:
- Solutions [the work to solve the problems is shown] for the problems in the textbook.
- Answers to the practice set problems in the text.
- Final answers are in bold type for easy grading.
Saxon Algebra 1 3rd Edition Answer Key and Tests
The Homeschool Packet With Test Forms contains 30 Test Forms, Answer Key to all Student Textbook Practices, Problem Sets, and Additional Topic Practices, and the Answer Key to all homeschool tests. [Note: these are final answers and don’t necessarily include worked out solutions. If you want that, you will want to purchase the Solutions Manual.]
Saxon Teacher Algebra 1 3rd Edition Lesson and Test CDs
The Saxon Teacher Algebra 1 CDs contain over 130 hours of Algebra 1 content. Instruction for every part of every lesson and complete solutions for every example problem, practice problem, problem set, and test problem in Saxon Algebra 1 is included.
There are 6 CDs in the set which cover 124 lessons and the test solutions.
The user-friendly CD format offers navigation tools within a customized player.
Computer: Compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- Use with Saxon Algebra 1, 3rd Edition
Grade 8 to adult
Kit and Saxon Teacher Bundle
Saxon Algebra 1 3rd Edition Teacher Lesson and Test CDs and Homeschool Kit Bundle
This bundle includes one of each of the following:
- Algebra 1, 3rd Edition Homeschool Kit (includes a student text, answer key, and test forms) 9781565771239
- Algebra 1 3rd Edition Teacher Lesson and Test CDs. 9781602773653
Note: Since every problem is worked out, you don’t need to purchase the Solutions Manual unless you want a hard copy.