Economical, Effective, and Easy-to-Use Spelling Course for Homeschoolers
Spelling Power is a multi-sensory approach that focuses on learning words you need to learn. [Read more…]
Spelling Power 5th Ed.
Blue Record Book
Green Record Book
Yellow Record Book
Spelling Power 5th Edition is an economical, effective, and easy-to-use program for teacher and students. It is a multi-sensory approach that focuses on learning words you need to learn—as opposed to studying twenty words on a list whether you know them or not. [What’s New in the 5th Edition?]
Our children enjoyed giving each other the daily tests, though I would suggest that you have the test giver read the word list to you before the test—to make sure the pronunciation is correct! With the tests, our students learned that each word has a correct spelling and learned it. Overall, we saw significant long-term improvements in their spelling skills. We highly recommend this program.
We think it is a particularly effective program for children who can spell a word that would be phonetically correct but don’t know the correct spelling.
How many times do you look at a word and think that doesn’t look right?
When one reads a book, correctly spelled words are being viewed and stored in the brain. Then you see the word later and remember the way it was spelled. Young readers sometimes know phonics rules, but haven’t read enough to have those words in their memory bank so they rely on the phonics rules to spell it.
Spelling Power 5th Edition is a Lamp Post favorite.
It has a CD-ROM for making copies of the forms, or you can purchase individual Student Record Books if you prefer.
Paperback with CD-ROM
Spelling Power Fifth Edition (What’s New?)
The fifth edition of Spelling Power uses a research-proven program to master the 5,000 most frequently used words.
These words are divided into 11 levels based on their usage. Each level of Spelling Power’s unique word list is then further organized by phonetic principles and spelling rules.
- These words are divided into 11 levels based on their usage. \
- Each level of Spelling Power’s unique word list is then further organized by phonetic principles and spelling rules.New words to learn come from your student’s spelling errors.
- Your students continue to study each of these words until they have spelled them correctly at least once.
- Assure mastery of each word your student studies.
“Everything you need to teach each of your students spelling skills up to college level is contained in this one easy-to-use, step-by-step curriculum package. You’ll even find everything you need to know to teach them proofreading and dictionary skills.”
What’s New in Spelling Power 5th Edition?
Changes to the 5th Edition include:
- Better graphics, inviting text, more pictures and larger type
- Rewritten directions are clearer, avoid wordiness, and eliminate “teacherese”
- One-page summaries of How to Conduct Daily Tests and How to Use the 10-Step Study Sheets.
- Parents can begin teaching immediately with rearranged content.
- Expanded Skill-Building Activity Index.
- Online Access replaces the Spelling Power CD-ROMs.
- Free access to the Teacher’s Online Resources and the On-Demand Quick Start Seminar replace the CD-ROM and the DVD that were included with the earlier editions.
- Resources are now accessible by PC, Mac, smart phone and many other devices with internet access.
- Directions for access are included in the book.
Spelling & Vocabulary 1-3
BJU Press Spelling
Spelling Workout A-H
Modern Curriculum Press
Teach Any Child to Spell
Common Sense Press