Teach Your Child Phonics, Spelling, and Vocabulary With A Complete 6-Year Homeschool Package
Encourage your child to take a close look at words to discover the regularities and conventions of written English needed to read and spell.
Words Their Way Classroom 2019 Homeschool Bundle
This is a complete six-year vocabulary and spelling program that includes everything you need for one student and one teacher. Each lesson has a group of words that have been “sorted” together by a common element(s). The “sort” can be words with the same consonant, vowel sound, blend, or word root.
The Words Their Way Classroom 2019 Homeschool Package includes one of each of the following items:
Set of 8 consumable Student Word Study Notebooks
- Cover all 5 developmental spelling levels
- The program features consumable Word Study Notebooks.
- Levels 1 and 5 each have one notebook. Levels 2, 3, and 4 have two notebooks per level.
- Each Word Study Notebook contains a four-page lesson for each sort, including picture and/or word cards for students to cut out, and a grid onto which students sort and glue the cards.
- Each lesson also contains a written activity that gives students practice in the element that corresponds to the lesson’s sort.
Words Their Way Classroom 2019 Teacher Resource Guide
- Includes comprehensive instruction and content support help teachers create an effective word study program.
- There is an overview of each developmental level, including assessments.
- Each instructional lesson provides specific information for teaching the sort.
- This all-in-one program user’s manual has fresh ideas, background, and informative details about Words Their Way Classroom.
- The guide helps teachers implement and manage the program to maximize effectiveness.
6-year Digital Access to the Pearson Realize™ Digital Platform
- The Interactive Teacher Resources enable interactive learning about the feature of each sort:
- Rhymes from the Big Book of Rhymes can be displayed for teaching concepts of print and words. The rhymes include words that exemplify the sort focus.
- Interactive sorts can be used to demonstrate the sort feature and to practice the sort.
- The writing sort allows students to practice letter and word features through writing.
- Additional Digital Resources can be printed and integrated into your classroom word study:
- Picture or word cards can be used to demonstrate each sort.
- Games give students additional practice.
- Blank templates allow you and your students to create your own sorts and games.
- Develop English Language Arts foundational skills including:
⦁ Print concepts
⦁ Phonological awareness
⦁ Phonics and word recognition
Preview the scope and sequence, sample student book pages, and teacher guide lessons of the program:
- View the Words Their Way Classroom 2019 Scope and Sequence.
- Emergent-Early Letter Name Sample
- Letter Name Sample (Volume 1 and 2)
- Within Word Patterns Sample (Volume 1 and 2)
- Syllables and Affixes Sample (Volume 1 and 2)
- Derivational Relations Sample
Kindergarten to 5th Grade [Complete 6-year program includes digital access]