From Alfred Publishing Features Great Composers—Suited to Homeschooling
The various music history kits for studying great composers can accompany your history studies.
- The Meet the Great Composers Series is for students in grades 3 to 9. There are two kits that cover famous composers from the Baroque period to the 20th century. Each kit includes a book, a listening CD, and reproducible activity sheets. Grades 3 to 9.
- For serious upper-level music students, you’ll want Accent on the Composers. It covers the lives and music of 22 great composers from six eras of music from medieval to the twentieth century. (Age 11 to Adult)
On this page:
- Study ten famous Christmas carols in Stories of the Great Christmas Carols. Learn the stories behind O Holy Night, The First Noel, and more for the upper elementary to early intermediate grades.
- We also carry music theory curriculum from Alfred.
Stories of the Great Christmas Carols
Learn the story behind great Christmas Carols.
- For each carol there is information on the authors who wrote the text and music; the story about the creation of the carol; a simplified arrangement of the carol with text; and a fun activity page that reviews the information presented in the unit.
- Scripture quotations come from the King James Version of the Bible (1611).
- The carols included in Stories of the Great Christmas Carols are:
- Away in a Manger
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming
- Silent Night
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
- The First Noel
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- What Child is This?
- O Holy Night
- Sample Pages from Stories of the Great Christmas Carols
Recommended for late elementary and early intermediate grades.