An Excellent, Homeschool-friendly Art Curriculum for Upper Elementary
Each book in the upper elementary level requires little or no teacher preparation because it is written to the student. [Read more…]
- Written in an easily understandable style with lots of illustrations.
- Two books are available for this level.
- Each book has 68 lessons and uses American Art for examples.
- Affordable, non-consumable texts.
- Save on Artistic Pursuits elementary art all year long at Lamp Post Homeschool.
- Watch this video to learn about the Grade 4-5 Artistic Pursuits Courses:
Artistic Pursuits Elementary Book 1
Elements of Art and Composition (3rd Edition)
In the Elementary 4-5 Book 1 Elements of Art and Composition, students have their first in-depth look at the elements of art
- Naturally written text with lots of illustrations in pencil and pen—the media they will be using.
- Explore the elements of art and composition through American art.
- Has 16 units with 68 lessons in this art course for upper elementary.
- Introduces your student to various media such as Ebony pencil, white pencil, black markers with point and wide tip, scratch art paper, and silhouette.
- Affordable, non-consumable art Elements of Art and Composition textbook.
Artistic Pursuits Elementary Book 2
Color and Composition (3rd Edition)
In Elementary 4-5 Book 2 Color and Composition gives students their first in-depth look at color theory
- Written in a simple format with lots of color illustration.
- The element of color is explored in eight units, completing the student’s study of the elements of art.
- Study American art.
- It is a one year course with 68 lessons in 16 units.
- Introduces art projects with watercolor pencils and wet and dry techniques.
- Affordable and non-consumable Color and Composition textbook.