Have you thought about making an Emergency Plan for your family?
- Do you have Emergency Kits for your home and car?
- Basic Disaster Supplies Kit There are several different webpages at the FEMA site with great information on making a basic kit, about storing water and food, and maintaining your kit.
- Include your children when making your emergency plan. Older children can do research and make plans. Teens can take first aid courses–also a good idea for potential babysitters. Younger children can “practice” the plan.
- Two handy items to add to have in your house are the Emergency Preparedness Flipper and the First Aid Flipper.
- Don’t forget to add prayer to the list!
When all else fails, prayer is the most important thing you can do in an emergency.