Integrates Reading Comprehension and Critical Thinking Into a Phonics Based Reading Program for 1st Grade
- Also integrates word-study and writing skills into the program.
- Can be used to supplement any reading program.
- Workbooks are printed in color
- Though the content hasn’t changed, they are no longer called Modern Curriculum Press (MCP) Plaid Phonics.
Plaid Phonics 2011 Homeschool Bundle Level A
In Plaid Phonics for first grade, your student will learn to:
- Recognize basic parts of a sentence, including capitalization and punctuation
- Read words with a single syllable
- Break longer words into syllables to try and sound them out
- Read simple words with irregular spellings
The Plaid Phonics 2011 Level A Homeschool Bundle includes one of each of the following items.
- Teacher Resource Guide Level A 9781428430990
- Student Workbook Level A 9781428430921
- Parent Guide K-F 9781428439764
Plaid Phonics 2011 Student Workbook A
The Plaid Phonics Student Workbook A features:
- Flexible lessons and develops alphabetic and phonemic awareness.
- Activities to develop spelling, recognize words in context, and use phonics in word-building and personal writing.
Plaid Phonics 2011 Teacher Resource Guide A
The Plaid Phonics A Teacher Resource Guide features:
- Each unit has an overview and detailed teaching plans for each lesson
- Pre- and post- tests
- Phonics games and activities
- Lesson planner
- Teaching methods for different learning styles
- Curriculum connections
- Lay-flat spiral binding
- Tabs for each unit