Easy and Fun Reading Program From The Critical Thinking Company
Fun-Time Phonics!™ Learning to Read is based on scientific findings of the National Reading Commission.
- We like the formatting because each page has everything you need to do it with your child.
- Each page has full-color pictures and a good amount of instruction and/or exercises.
- It should be easy to finish the work on a page in a few minutes—that’s motivational and less frustrating for the beginner.
- Use Coupon Code CLEARANCE to save on clearance items!
Fun-Time Phonics! Learning to Read
By Robert Femiano, Publisher: Critical Thinking Company
Fun-Time Phonics! Learning to Read, the first in a new series from Critical Thinking Company is a fun and easy reading program.
Here are some facts about the program from the publisher:
- Fun-Time Phonics! teaches students that spoken words are composed of individual sounds (phonemes), and those sounds are written with letters.
- Armed with this understanding of how print works as a code, reading becomes much easier than other more complicated approaches.
- This program ensures complete phonemic awareness mastery by focusing on vowel isolation, which is often the most challenging–but most important–part of learning to read.
- Once students grasp how vowels influence the sound of the consonants and control the meaning of the words, they are only a step away from fluency.
- Fun-Time Phonics!™ places emphasis on vowel patterns, not on the memorization of rules.
- It is also intentional vocabulary-building, as a key to comprehension.
- This classroom-proven program is highly effective with all beginning readers, including those struggling and those excelling, because it:
- Builds from students’ natural speaking abilities, developing their auditory awareness of vowel sounds
- Incorporates multi-sensory instruction for introducing the alphabet and short vowels
- Provides cognitively-engaging connected text for practice
- Utilizes co-articulation to introduce consonant sounds, eliminating traditional stumbling blocks and ensuring a successful reading start
- Involves multiple regions of the brain–analytical as well as artistic and language–providing various pathways to long-term memory and automatic word recall click a media icon for more details
- Download sample pages from Fun-Time Phonics!
Paperback with 320 pages