Learn About Life Science with a creation-based Christian perspective.
Develop scientific critical thinking skills through analysis and comparison of evidence and theories. Help your student understand the truth to be able to defend it biblically and scientifically. [Read more…]
Life Science Origins Package
Origins & Scientific Theory Curriculum Package 9781683441465
Life Science: Origins & Scientific Theory Curriculum Package
By Dr. Carl Werner, Publisher: Master Books
Features of Life Science Origins Curriculum Pack
- Study the differences between secular and creationist worldviews in evolutionary theory.
- Watch interviews and discussions with both Christian and secular scientists—See how Darwin’s theory of evolution holds up.
- Allow your student to form his or her own understanding of this issue—given information about evolution and creation.
- Learn about living fossils—that challenge the core concepts of evolution.
- Save teacher-time with the easy-to-use Teacher Guide—it has tests, answers, schedules, and more.
- Earn one science credit—after completing this one-year course—while studying biology, paleontology, and geology.
- Add science labs to the course at your option.
- Use for homeschool, co-ops, and classrooms.
The Life Science: Origins & Scientific Theory Course Package includes one of each of the following items.
- Teacher Guide 9781683441151 With the Teacher Guide for Life Science: Origins & Scientific Theory, you will use books and DVDs for Evolution The Grand Experiment and Living Fossils to teach a one-year biology course for 1 credit. The complete three-hole punched Teacher Guide includes:
- Weekly Lesson Schedule
- Quizzes and Tests
- Answer Key
- Preview a sample at the publisher’s website.
- Evolution: The Grand Experiment Book 9780892216819 critically examines the viability of Darwin’s theory of evolution. It features:
- Read interviews with scientists from leading universities and other institutions
- View hundreds of color photographs
- Examine balanced views
- Separate the science from the myth.
- Informative summaries of scientific concepts
- Easy-to-understand concise format
- See a sample at the publisher’s website: Sample Evolution: The Grand Experiment
- Evolution: The Grand Experiment DVD Episode One: The Quest for an Answer 9780892216970 coincides with the book and features:
- Filmed over a 12 year period in 3 continents and 7 countries.
- Has highlights from 12 dig sites, sixty museums, and many universities.
- Documents many misleading museum displays, science magazine articles and television documentaries.
- Includes an interview with author Dr. Carl Werner and a discussion on flying reptiles (Pterosaurs).
- Running Time: 59 minutes
- Living Fossils: Evolution: The Grand Experiment Volume Two 9780892216918 challenges the core concepts of evolutions and features:
- Learn about Living Fossils—organisms preserved in the fossil record that still live in similar form today.
- Presented in an easy-to-read format.
- Discuss questions about the living fossils and conflicts with the theory of evolution.
- View over 700 color images in this book.
- View a sample at the publisher’s website: Sample Living Fossils
- The Living Fossils DVD Episode Two 9780892217052 coincides with the book and features:
- Contains underwater footage of Dr. Werner diving at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the coral reef in the Caribbean Sea.
- Has footage of dinosaur dig sites in Europe and North America.
- Studies the question of dinosaurs and the story of creation—Did dinosaurs live with modern plants and animals thousands of years ago?
- Questions the fossil displays at natural history nuesums—Do they withhold fossils that would place the theory of evolution in jeopardy?
- Running Time: 53 minutes
Grades: 9th to 12th
A one-year biology course for 1 credit