An Excellent Choice for Science for All Types of Students
Several of our children have used the Paradigm Natural Science Mysteries curriculum. They liked this science course for the eighth grade. We are pleased with the results. [Read more…]
- Gifted students can benefit by using the course earlier than the suggested grade level.
- It helps to “accelerate” students who are working below grade level.
- Your student will learn to read for content and to find answers to different types of questions.
- Question types include true and false, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and short sentence answers.
- Each lesson has a motivational story that involves something to be learned in the science lesson.
- Our boys enjoyed using this course. Customers tell us their sons like it, too.
- Each Paradigm course is formatted in the same manner.
- If your student does well with one Paradigm course, he will probably like the others, too.
- Most question occur in the same order as they are found in the text.
- Each question is phrased from the text which is the old-fashioned way that worked.
- It’s a beautiful way to teach homeschool students who haven’t used a textbook approach.
- It is available as a full course kit with the text, activities and teacher’s Resource Key in print or as a digital download.
- For example, if your student was homeschooled with unit study or literature-based studies, then Paradigm courses are very helpful.
Paradigm Natural Science Mysteries Kit Digital Download Course Kit
The Paradigm Natural Science Mysteries Kit Digital Download Course Kit includes everything you need to complete the course in digital format: Text, Activities, and the Teacher’s Resource Kit, all in PDF format.
- View the course on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- No internet access necessary once you download.
- Write answers on paper or in a program such as Microsoft Word (It is not interactive.)
- Receive the materials in a digital PDF format.
- Most budget-friendly option.
- Downloads as a .zip file that will be unzipped and saved on your device. Choose a file location that is easily remembered for easy access to your course.
Preview samples of Paradigm Natural Science Mysteries at the publisher’s website.
Natural Science Mysteries Kit
Grade 8 Complete Bundle
Topics covered in Paradigm Natural Science Mysteries by chapter:
- States of matter, animal kingdom overview, liquid and weight measurements, substance reactions, protons, electrons, neutrons, atomic theory, Bohr Model, Planetary model, natural and artificial, symbols, Mendeleev, element families and periods, atomic number and mass, metal and noble gas families, covalent and ionic, adhesion and cohesion, element symbols and numbers, acids, bases, and Litmus paper;
- Metric methods and systems, origin of the calendar, time, measurement standards of Galileo, Fahrenheit and Celsius, speed of light, Discoveries by: Olaus Roemer, Benjamin Franklin and Andre Ampere; place value, exponents, application of science, base units, surface areas, clocks, measurement, scales, states of matter, Fahrenheit and Kelvin scales, carbon dioxide, Sun, water and wind currents, logic and experiments;
- Pitch, loudness and vacuum, reflection and refraction, convex and concave lenses, mediums of sound, human eyes, conduction, convection and radiation, fuels, compounds, atoms, mixtures, formulas, protons, electrons, neutrons, atomic numbers, alloys, covalent and ionic bonds, photography, first four elements discovered, Periodic Table of the Elements, Chemical families, Noble gases, PH and acids, chemical reactions, atomic weight, isotopes and models, solar cells and batteries, voltage, lightning, lithosphere, hydrosphere and troposphere;
- Cells—structure and function; Pasteur’s experiments, Fungi kingdoms, amoebas, paramecium, diseases caused by protozoa, pioneers in discovery of bacteria, basic plant kingdoms, diffusion and osmosis, ferns, gymnosperms and angiosperms, edible and non-edible roots, stems and leaves, discovery of Velcro, John Ray, seed germination, pollination and dispersion; animal kingdom divisions—vertebrates and invertebrates, mollusks and arthropods, crustaceans and arachnids; poisonous insects; and
- Fish and other vertebrates, amphibians, climate zones, Darwin and Agassiz, salamanders, snakes, lizards and turtles, crocodiles, alligators, birds, mammals, kangaroos and other marsupials: opossums and placental mammals; bats, whales, rodents, and carnivores.
The Paradigm Natural Science Mysteries Complete Bundle covers Life/Earth Science and includes one of each of the following:
- Text Booklets for Chapters 1-5 pac62932TBS
- Activity Booklets for Chapters 1-5 pac62942ABS
- Teacher’s Resource Kit pac76069
Download samples of Paradigm Natural Science Mysteries at the publisher’s website
Text Booklet Set
Natural Science Mysteries
The Natural Science Mysteries Text Booklet Set includes one of each of the text booklets for Chapters 1 to 5 for the additional student.
Activity Booklet Set
Natural Science Mysteries
The Natural Science Mysteries Activity Booklet Set includes one of each of the activity booklets for Chapters 1 to 5 for the additional student.
Teacher Resource Kit
Teacher’s Resource Kit
Paradigm Natural Science Mysteries
The Teacher’s Resource Kit (TRK) has the Activity Keys, Quizzes, Quiz Keys, Tests, and Test Keys.