Looking for a great and inexpensive curriculum to teach your children to draw?
Drawing Textbook is our favorite book for teaching the basics of sketching. Written by the late Bruce McIntyre, this little book has lessons for young and old alike.
- Sketches in the lessons in the Drawing Textbook are drawn in black and white.
- It is fun to draw them in color. My favorite colored pencils for beginners are the one by Crayola®.
- If you prefer to stick with graphite pencil drawings, then you can find them at your local craft or art store.
- When you gather the art supplies, look for a nice sketch pad or book.
- Your student can record his progress since each lesson has a small picture to draw.
It’s even more fun if you draw along with your children. Even if you say you aren’t artistic, you might learn too.