Traditional Coverage of American History to 1914 in a Complete Homeschool Kit for Middle School
Written with a secular perspective, the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt United States History: Beginnings to 1914 Homeschool Package ©2018 includes the Student Text, Online Student Resource Package, and Online Teacher Resource Package. It provides “the tools to create a richer understanding of America’s past and its impact today with social studies skills, such as map reading, research, geography, and civic participation integrated throughout the program.”
2018 HMH Social Studies United States History: Beginnings to 1914 Homeschool Package
The HMH US History: Beginnings to 1914 Homeschool Package ©2018, a secular-based middle school American history curriculum, contains one of each of the following items:
Student Edition Textbook 9780544668843
Offers comprehensive content coverage through an engaging narrative supported by compelling and instructive visuals.
Students can access content in their print editions; however, the experience is optimized with the digital version.
• Reading Social Studies
• If You Were There / If You Lived There
• History and Geography
• Link to Today
• Social Studies Skills
• Connect Literature to History
• Focus on Writing
• Writing Workshops
• English/Spanish Glossary
• Essential Question
• Academic Vocabulary
• Reading Checks
• Lesson and Module Assessments
• Historical Sources
• Literature in History
Hardcover, 920 Pages
Digital Access Subscriptions (1-year) includes one of each item:
(NOTE: The digital access components are not available for individual purchase yet. You need to purchase a Homeschool Kit for each student.)
- Online Student Resource Package
The Online Student Edition has interactive digital features that function across operating systems and devices.
• Audio—Provides support for struggling readers and auditory learners. Includes the option for Read-Along Highlighting.
• Access to Reading Study Guide
• Interactive Features, Maps, and Games
• Highlighting and Note-taking
• HISTORY® Videos
• HMH Current Events
• Interactive Lesson Graphic Organizers
• Document-Based Investigations
• Close Reads Screencasts
• Multimedia Connections
• Map Connections
• Lesson Level Assessments
• Enrichment Activities
• End of Module, Benchmark, and End of Year Assessments
• HMH Field Trips for Google® Expeditions
- Online Teacher Resource Package 9780358242963
1. Discover—Quickly access content and search program resources.
2. Plans—Organize resources and create plans.
3. Assignments—Create assignments and track progress of assignments.
4. Data & Reports—Monitor student’s daily progress.
NOTE: This is a print and digital homeschool kit.
Digital components come with a 1-year subscription.
You will receive your digital access from [email protected]
1 America, Africa, and Europe before 1500
2 New Empires in the Americas
3 The English Colonies
4 The American Revolution
5 Forming a Government
6 Citizenship and the Constitution
7 Launching the Nation
8 War and Expansion in the Americas
9 A New National Identity
10 The Age of Jackson
11 Westward Expansion
12 Expansion and Conflict
13 The North
14 The South
15 Slavery in the United States
16 Reform Movements in the United States
17 A Divided Nation
18 The Civil War