Teach Geography and History—Continent-by-Continent
- Learn about the major countries on each continent with Around the World in 180 Days.
- Study each continent with sections on that continent’s resources, geography, history, religion, culture, key people, and current events.
- It is a research-based study done with a series of questions.
- To help the student in his or her research, resources are listed—many available in the public library.
- The author gives excellent book choices for the study of each continent.
- Also, the author recommends the Kids of Courage (Voice of the Martyrs for children) activity books. These are available for purchase at the Voice of the Martyrs online bookstore (www.vombooks.com).
- The Around the World in 180 Days Set consists of the Teacher Guide and a Student Workbook.
- All answers are in the Teacher’s Edition
- Additional Student Workbooks (which are non-reproducible) are also available.
- Pages in the Student Book are 3-hole punched and perforated.
- Multilevel approach with questions for students of all levels—Levels are clearly marked.
- Around the World in 180 Days can be completed in one year—if you want to use it as an overview course.
- If you want to study any continent in more depth, then you can expand the study as you see fit—each section has suggestions for further research.
Around the World in 180 Days Set Second Edition
The two-volume Around the World in 180 Days Set includes a softbound illustrated Teacher’s Edition and a softbound Student Workbook with perforated pages.
- The Teacher’s Edition provides all the answers for the student workbook.
- Sample pages for the Teacher’s Edition
Grade: Multi-level, perfect bound
Around the World in 180 Days Student Workbook 2nd Edition
The Around the World in 180 Days Student Workbook is available for the additional student.
- One copy is included in the set; however, it is not reproducible.
- You will need one copy for each student. Questions are clearly marked with the levels for easy use in the multilevel setting.
- Sample pages for the Student Workbook
Grade: Multi-level; however, the Student Workbook is really geared for grades 4 and up in our opinion. If you want to multi-level the course to include the primary grades, we suggest adding Galloping the Globe as a source of activities, work pages, and reading suggestions for the K-3rd students (and for older students with learning disabilities.) It will take a bit of work to coordinate it with the Around the World in 180 Days, but it would be worth the effort.
Perfect bound with perforated pages.
GeoDeo Journey Into Africa
GeoDeo Journey Into Africa Resource Book
If you are using Around the World in 180 Days, I suggest that you use the GeoDeo Journey Into Africa Resource Book as the main resource book when you are studying the continent of Africa.
“Contents include an overview of Africa and divides the continent into five regions. Journey through each region by visiting seven countries written as an adventure. Dig into African history to see how European countries influenced the continent. See Africa’s beauty in over 550 photos and create a visual image of the continent with over 75 beautifully designed maps.”
Grades: 5-8, but can be used for K-12.