A 3-Year United States Geography Unit Study for Grades 1 to 6
- It starts with the geography of the United States.
- Then Cantering the Country covers the geographic features, history, and interesting characters of each state.
- Save teacher-time with this multi-level course for grades 1-6—Keep your elementary students on the same page!
Cantering the Country
Cantering the Country
Cantering the Country can be used for all children in grades 1-5. It includes a CD-ROM with over 150 printable maps and activity sheets.
- This geography unit study integrates geography, literature, history, science, character, and maps & flags. There’s an Activity CD-ROM with reproducible outline maps and activities.
- Your child will create a notebook full of wonderful information with Cantering the Country.
- Each lesson has suggested literature, history, and science books that are related to the lessons.
- Preview Sample Pages (Opens in a new window at the publisher’s website)
The following recommended (though not mandatory) books can be used with this course are available separately below:
- Geography from A to Z 9780064460996
- Eat Your Way Through the USA 9781931397346
- Marvels of Creation: Breathtaking Birds 9780890514573
- Earth Science for Every Kid 9780471530107
- Desk Atlas of the United States 9781931397728 (Out of Stock at this time)
Grades 1 to 6
Geography from A to Z: A Picture Glossary
In Geography From A to Z, there are 63 definitions of words about the earth’s features. Each geographic term is delightfully illustrated in full color.
Eat Your Way Through the USA
Eat Your Way Through the U.S.A. is more than just a cookbook.
- Each state has its unique geographical features and agricultural products. These influence both the ingredients that go into a recipe and the way food is prepared.
- With Eat Your Way Through the USA, you can experience a different meal from each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Easy to follow recipes for a full meal from each state are included.
- There is a set of interesting food facts from each state to supplement your cooking experience.
- Use this multi-level resource to add cooking experience to your geography curriculum.
Preview Sample Pages (Opens in a new window at the publisher’s website)
“This is a great cookbook full of wonderful recipes and also teaches children unique facts about each U.S. state. My family especially loves the homemade Chicken Dumpling recipe” Anna J.
Breathtaking Birds Marvels of Creation
Breathtaking Birds is a hardcover book with full-color photographs of birds and descriptions.