The Human Body Is a College-Prep Study Course
Prerequisites: Students need to have completed one year each of high school biology and chemistry before taking this advanced biology course.
One daughter studied Human Body Fearfully and Wonderfully Made (1st edition) in high school. She took two Anatomy and Physiology courses in college. She says taking Advanced Biology helped prepare her for it.
Advanced Biology: The Human Body Student Text Book, 2nd Edition
The Human Body Student Text Book, 2nd Edition has color photos and illustrations. The text contains all student material, study questions, laboratory exercises, and module study guides.
Added to the second edition of The Human Body are high-quality color illustrations; more in-depth discussions and explanations of concepts; online resources; and greater emphasis on connecting creation to the Creator.
- Study eleven organ systems of the human body.
- The second edition has new content, updated discussions, and photographs.
- To count as an honors course, your student must complete the entire course which includes documenting in a lab notebook all of the labs, experiments, and dissections. Advanced Biology prepares your student to take the CLEP or AP tests.
- Note on this textbook: “The reproductive system is covered in detail and includes accurate yet respectful illustrations and descriptions.”
- A student notebook is now available with a daily schedule and lab forms.
- An MP3 audio CD with the reading of the complete student text is also available.
- Sample pages are available as downloads and open in a new window at the publisher’s website:
Also recommended for this course is Anatomy Coloring Book which is available at Amazon.com (Affiliate Link, opens in a new window). Though optional, the textbook assigns activities from this coloring book.
Grade Level 12
Advanced Biology: The Human Body Student Notebook, 2nd Edition
Help your student to develop independent study skills with the Apologia Advanced Biology: Human Body Student Notebook.
- Daily schedule to keep your student on track
- Note-taking pages
- Space to answer all the study questions in the textbook
- Lab report pages to write a complete lab report
- Extra illustrations-not found in the textbook
- Student Notebook Sample for Advanced Biology 2nd Edition
- Student Notebook Lab Sample for Advanced Biology 2nd Edition