A Complete Science Curriculum for Grades 3-5
The God’s Design Science series by Debbie and Richard Lawrence teaches scientific and critical thinking skills from a creation science perspective. [Read more…]
Answers in Genesis Science Curriculum
- Written by experienced homeschoolers for homeschoolers.
- Christian-based multi-level science series—Easy-to-use with multiple children of different ages.
- Minimal teacher preparation is required.
- There are hands-on activities with every lesson of the series.
- Works with all learning styles
- Teaches scientific/critical thinking skills—With a strong Christian worldview.
- Activities and experiments generally require supplies that are easily found around the house or at your local grocery store or craft store.
- You might want to purchase a few scientific items such as a gram scale, microscope, and graduated cylinder.
- Save on God’s Design Science curriculum at Lamp Post Homeschool.
Changes in the 4th Edition
The new fourth edition is even better. Changes include:
- Updated content with the latest scientific findings and information.
- Each book had undergone a thorough scientific review.
- New design—More user-friendly layout, more color, new fonts.
- More illustrations, more photos, more diagrams.
- Still multi-level—All books in the 4th edition cover grades 3-5.
- One of the best changes is including digital access to tests, worksheets, experiments, illustrations, videos, and more—no more CDs to get lost in the shuffle!
- Each of the series is designed as a one-year curriculum.
- Or customize by choosing any three sets per year—12 topics from which to choose.
- Each complete set has three book sets (teacher supplement and student book).
- There are 35 lessons in each book.
- Each lesson should take about 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
- The suggested course of study is to do three lessons per week.
- It’s flexible! For example, do all of your science in one semester and history the next.