Prepare Your Middle School Student to Succeed in High School Geometry
- Understanding Geometry teaches an understanding of the reasoning behind the properties taught in geometry.
- Helps students learn skills for high school standardized testing.
- Develops critical thinking skills in geometry.
- Understanding Geometry is reproducible for single-classroom use or single-family use.
- Pre-requisite: Understanding Algebra or an algebra 1 course
- It’s written in an easy-to-understand style—geometry doesn’t have to be that complicated.
- The graphics are colorful and illustrate the concepts in a thorough, but simple fashion.
- We recommend it as a pre-geometry course to prepare for high school geometry.
- Use it as a geometry course for the high school student who struggles in math, but needs the geometry credit to graduate.
- For the gifted math student, I think you could use the course in upper elementary grades:
- If basic arithmetic is mastered
- After completing Understanding Algebra or algebra 1
Mathematical Reasoning: Understanding Geometry
Understanding Geometry, part of the Mathematical Reasoning™ Series, helps students master geometry concepts before taking geometry in high school
- Teaches the reasoning for the properties of geometry.
- Students will learn the basics of geometric proofs and coordinate geometry.
- Includes a glossary of terms for high school geometry for the student to learn.
- Bridge the gap between computation and mathematical reasoning.
- Answers are in the back of the book.
- It can be used as a course in grades 7 to 9.
- It follows the National Math Standards.
- Pre-Requisite: The publisher recommends taking Understanding Algebra 1 before taking this geometry course.
- View Table of Contents and Sample Pages at the publisher’s website:
- Paperback with 272 pages