Prepare You Middle School Student to Succeed In High School Algebra
- It can be used as an algebra 1 course for upper middle school and high school.
- Helps students learn essential skills for high school standardized testing and college entrance exams such as the SAT.
- Understanding Algebra 1 is reproducible for single-classroom use or single-family use.
- The author, Terri Husted, writes in an easy-to-understand style.
- We like the well-spaced formatting—just the right amount of teaching on each page.
- Colorful diagrams and graphics will help your student to understand the concept.
- From the Critical Thinking Company, Understanding Algebra develops critical thinking skills in algebra.
Understanding Algebra 1
Mathematical Reasoning: Understanding Algebra 1
Understanding Algebra 1, part of the Mathematical Reasoning™ Series, helps students master geometry concepts before taking algebra in high school
- Teaches essential concepts and skills necessary to understand fully algebra.
- Students will learn the basics of geometric proofs and coordinate geometry.
- Provides students with real strategies to succeed in solving word problems.
- Explains algebraic concepts simply and effectively.
- Introduces new concepts in a step-by-step fashion to lay a good foundation.
- Uses critical thinking questions to improve understanding and master core concepts and skills.
- Understanding Algebra I highlights vocabulary and notation
- Has examples from the history of math.
- Bridges the gap between computation and mathematical reasoning.
- Answers are in the back of the book.
- It can be used as a course in grades 7 to 9.
- It follows the National Math Standards.
- View Table of Contents and Sample Pages at the publisher’s website:
- Paperback with 368 pages