Traditional Math for 2nd Grade
- Bob Jones Math 2 is a traditional Christian-based math course for the second grade.
- Develops understanding of place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Each lesson includes practice and review activities.
- At the end of each chapter, there are Chapter Review and Cumulative Review lessons.
- It uses a spiral approach for reviewing math concepts, but we like it because most lessons cover one or two concepts.
- The student text has colorful illustrations but isn’t overly busy.
- The number of problems on each page doesn’t overwhelm the student.
- While the BJU Press doesn’t progress as fast in the early elementary years as programs such as Horizons or Saxon, the pace does pick up in the upper elementary grades.
- We like their gentle approach to primary math.
- If the lessons are too easy for your student, then let them move faster.
- The key here is to make sure your student masters each concept.
- It is available in a homeschool kit with all the components for one student and one teacher.
- BJU Press is using the 3rd Edition for homeschoolers.
BJU Press Math 2 Kit 3rd Edition
Item # bju252676
The BJU Press Math 2 Homeschool Kit, 3rd Edition, includes one of each of the following:
- Teacher’s Edition with CD 3E 9781591667735
- Student Worktext, 3E 9781606822340
- Student Manipulatives Packet, 3E 9781591664086
- Reviews Activity Book 3E 9781591664055
- Tests, 3E 9781591664093
- Test Answer Key, 3E 9781591664109
BJU Press Math 2 Student Worktext 3rd Ed.
Item # bju281618
The Bob Jones Math 2 Student Worktext is consumable.
- You will need one for each student.
- Reinforce the skills taught in each lesson.
- For each lesson, two pages provide skills practice.
- At the end of each chapter, there are a chapter review and cumulative review.
- It is possible to use the chapter review in place of a test if you desire.
- Each chapter has a To The Parents page to share concepts and facts the students have practiced. For homeschoolers, this page could be given by the child to grandparents as an opportunity for them to help their grandchild with math!
BJU Press Math 2 3E Teacher’s Edition with CD
Item # bju224451
Features of the BJU Press Math 2 Teacher’s Edition include:
- Provides a Chapter Overview, materials list, teacher notes, and more.
- Answers are overprinted on the copies of the student worktext pages for easy grading
- Teacher’s Toolkit CD included the reproducible pages from the Appendix, Fact Reviews, Reteaching pages, and Enrichment activities.
- Answer Key for the Math 2 Reviews is also on the CD
BJU Press Student Manipulatives Packet Math 2 3E
Item # bju224402
The Math 2 Student Manipulatives Packet contains colorful manipulatives.
- Helps your student have hands-on math experiences.
- Includes workmats, beaver and construction worker counters, stick puppets, geometric shapes, a clock, rulers and thermometers.
- Also, includes Number Cards, a Fraction Kit, a Money Kit, and a Place Value Kit and triangle flash cards for review of addition and subtraction facts.
- We recommend keeping the Student Manipulatives in a large envelope once you punch them out.
BJU Press Reviews Workbook Math 2 3E
Item # bju224477
The BJU Press Math 2 Reviews Workbook is available for an additional student who will benefit from extra math practice.
- It has two pages of review for each lesson.
- Concepts taught in the lesson are reviewed on the first page.
- The second page reviews concepts from previous lessons and provides facts practice.
- At the conclusion of each chapter is a Cumulative Review—Another opportunity to practice skills in a standardized testing format.
BJU Press Math 2 Tests 3E
Item # bju224410
The Math 2 Tests has a chapter test for the first 20 chapters.
- You will need one for each student.
- Chapter tests will help you determine if your student is ready to move on to the next chapter or if reteaching of the key concepts in the chapter is needed. (That is where the Reviews Workbook will be very helpful.)
- Taking time to master each the material in each chapter is key to building a good foundation in math.
Tests Answer Key
Test Answer Key Math 2 3E
Item # bju224436
The Bob Jones Test Answer Key for Math 2 has a copy of each test with the answers overprinted for easy grading.