Study Traditional Math Topics By Chapter in 1st Grade
Compared to other first-grade math such as Horizons or Saxon, BJU Press math is a bit more laid back.
- We like Bob Jones Math 1 because it is very important to lay a good foundation in math.
- Take a longer time to make sure your student is well grounded.
- You can go slowly and steadily and also work over the summer months on math if it takes longer for your student to grasp the concepts.
- It is available in a homeschool kit with all the components for one student and one teacher.
- BJU Press is using the 3rd Edition for homeschoolers.
BJU Press Math 1 Homeschool Kit 3E
Each lesson covers one concept of the chapter topic.
- Within each chapter, there are opportunities for review of previously studied topics.
- This is a great math program for the student who needs to study and master one topic at a time.
If your student works the lessons faster and finishes before the year is up, then go ahead and start grade 2 math.
- Do what is best for your student.
- The important thing is to master the material before moving on.
The Bob Jones Math 1 Homeschool Kit includes one of each of the following items:
- Math 1 Teacher’s Edition 1 with CD 3E
[#216184, ISBN-13: 9781591663218]
- Answers are overprinted on the Math 1 Student Worktext pages for easy grading.
- Teacher’s Toolkit CD contains additional teaching helps.
- Answer Key for the Math 1 Reviews is located on the Teacher’s Toolkit CD as well as reproducible pages from the Appendix of the Teacher’s Edition, Fact Reviews, and Enrichment pages.
- Math 1 Student Worktext 1 3E is consumable. You will need one for each student.
[#216168, ISBN-13: 9781591663188]
- Each lesson has two work pages to provide skills practice,
- At the end of each chapter, there is a chapter review and a cumulative review. It is possible to use the chapter review in place of a test if you desire.
- Math 1 Student Manipulatives Packet 3E has the manipulatives used in Math 1. It contains workmats, seal and clown counters, geometric shapes, and money. It also has Number Cards, Dot Pattern Cards, a clock, rulers, a Fraction Kit, a Place Value Kit, and stick puppets.
[#216234, ISBN-13: 9781591663256]
- Math 1 Reviews 1 3E
[#216200, ISBN-13: 9781591663225]
- It has two pages of review for each lesson.
- Concepts taught in the lesson are reviewed on the first page.
- The second page reviews math facts and concepts from previous lessons.
- Each chapter has a chapter review, cumulative reviews, and facts review page.
- Math 1 Tests 1 3E includes tests for each chapter. The tests are consumable.
[#216242, ISBN-13: 9781591663263]
- Math 1 Test Answer Key 1 3E has a copy of each test with the answers overprinted for easy grading.
[#216259, ISBN-13: 9781591663270]