Study Traditional Math Topics By Chapter in 1st Grade
- Each lesson covers one concept of the chapter topic.
- Within each chapter, there are opportunities for review of previously studied topics.
- This is a great math program for the student who needs to study and master one topic at a time.
- Compared to other first-grade math such as Horizons or Saxon, BJU Press math is a bit more laid back.
- We like this because it is very important to lay a good foundation in math.
- Take a longer time to make sure your student is well grounded.
- You can go slowly and steadily and also work over the summer months on math if it takes longer for your student to grasp the concepts.
- If your student works the lessons faster and finishes before the year is up, then go ahead and start grade 2 math.
- Do what is best for your student.
- The important thing is to master the material before moving on.
- It is available in a homeschool kit with all the components for one student and one teacher.
- BJU Press is using the 3rd Edition for homeschoolers.
BJU Press Math 1 Homeschool Kit 3E
The Bob Jones Math 1 Homeschool Kit includes one of each of the following items:
- Teacher’s Edition 1 with CD 3E 216184
- Student Worktext 1 3E 216168
- Math K5 Student Manipulatives Packet 3E 216234
- Reviews 1 3E 216200
- Tests 1 3E 216242
- Test Answer Key 1 3E 216259
Math 1 Student
Math 1 Student Worktext 3E
The Math 1 Student Worktext is consumable. You will need one for each student.
- Each lesson has two work pages to provide skills practice,
- At the end of each chapter there is a chapter review and a cumulative review. It is possible to use the chapter review in place of a test if you desire.
Math 1 Teacher’s Edition with CD 3rd Ed.
Features of the BJU Press Math 1 Teacher’s Edition include:
- Answers are overprinted on the Math 1 Student Worktext pages for easy grading.
- Teacher’s Toolkit CD contains additional teaching helps.
- Answer Key for the Math 1 Reviews is located on the Teacher’s Toolkit CD as well as reproducible pages from the Appendix of the Teacher’s Edition, Fact Reviews, and Enrichment pages.
Math 1 Student Manipulatives Packet 3rd Edition
The Bob Jones Math 1 Student Manipulatives Packet has the manipulatives used in Math 1. It contains workmats, seal and clown counters, geometric shapes, and money. It also has Number Cards, Dot Pattern Cards, a clock, rulers, a Fraction Kit, a Place Value Kit, ans stick puppets.
Math 1 Reviews Activity Book 3E
The Bob Jones Math 1 Reviews Activity Book 3rd Edition is available for the student who will benefit from extra math practice.
- It has two pages of review for each lesson.
- Concepts taught in the lesson are reviewed on the first page.
- The second page reviews math facts and concepts from previous lessons.
- Each chapter has a chapter review, a cumulative revies, and facts refiew page.
Math 1 Tests (Tests only) 3E
The BJU Press Math 1 Tests includes tests for each chapter.
The tests are consumable. You will need one for each student.
Tests AK 2
Math 1 Test Answer Key 3E
The Test Answer Key for Math 1 has a copy of each test with the answers overprinted for easy grading.