A Complete Christian Homeschool Language Arts Curriculum on USB Flash Drive
- Work your language arts lessons on the computer with Switched-On Language Arts.
- Schedule lessons and grade work automatically to make homeschooling easy for the teacher.
- Based on Alpha Omega’s LIFEPAC Language Arts curriculum—If you prefer a curriculum in print version.
- Interactive, multimedia learning environment updated with more videos and animations, sound clips, and approved web links.
- Use Coupon Code DiscountAOP to get the best available discount off list price on Switched-On Schoolhouse Curriculum at Lamp Post Homeschool.**
- Please note that all software purchases are non-returnable for any reason. Alpha Omega provides excellent tech support.
- Reasons to Use Switched-On Schoolhouse Check out the reasons to use Switched-On Schoolhouse curriculum. Every year Switched-On Schoolhouse gets better and easier to use for student and teacher.
- NOTE: An SOS Home Reading Resource List is available for SOS Language Arts—Shows additional library book suggestions for each grade as needed.
- Learn More: Switched-On Schoolhouse Curriculum Overview
- If you are new to Switched-On curriculum, you can use placement tests to place your students in the right grade.
- Switched-On Schoolhouse System Requirements See the system requirements for Switched-On Schoolhouse. Windows Only
Switched-On Language Arts 3 on USB Flash Drive
S-P-E-L-L It Out! With SOS 3rd Grade Language Arts, student’s will learn basic grammar and phonics with step-by-step spelling lessons.
- Feel a sense of pride as your student writes his first sentences!
- Easy-to-understand subjects include Capitalization Rules, Building Complete Sentences, Using the Dictionary, Learning Punctuation Marks, Introduction to Parts of Speech.
- Switched-On Language Arts 3rd Grade interweaves literary content into lessons so students can begin to understand structure and composition.
- Students will start learning about poetry forms and composition with book reports and projects.
- Using reference material, writing thank-you and friendly letters, and composing essays with paragraphs are also included in this colorful, interactive curriculum.
4th Grade Language Arts
Switched-On Schoolhouse Language Arts 4 on USB Flash Drive
Language Arts 4 teaches word study, grammar skills, and composition.
- Reading, Writing, and Comprehension! This course will build your student’s understanding of English with captivating stories that are integrated into spelling and grammar lessons.
- Because these stories also increase comprehension, student’s will learn foundational lessons like Word Play, Words in Season, Rhymes and Reports, Forms of Literature, Reading and Researching.
- Wonderful at introducing students to different literary forms, SOS 4th Grade Language Arts creates an ideal environment where students can learn in a progressive, self-paced manner.
- Watch your student grow and develop English and grammar skills!
- Lessons include root words, prefixes, and suffixes; kinds of sentences; book reports; and writing poetry.
Switched-On Schoolhouse Language Arts 5 on USB Flash Drive
Switched-On Language Arts 5 teaches about literature, poetry, and reports.
- Communicate Effectively!
- With SOS Language Arts 5, student’s will learn how Jesus uses language to communicate effectively to others, and why the world has different languages.
- Students will also learn how to work with information by studying topics like Jesus, Our Example, Working with Information, The Story of Our Language, Effective Communication, Reading and Writing Stories.
- Your student will look forward to doing schoolwork with SOS 5th Grade Language Arts!
- Filled with nuggets of interactive information, this innovative curriculum covers poetry forms, reading comprehension, and word working.
- The life-long, important technique of integrating reading and study skills is also covered.
Switched-On Schoolhouse Language Arts 6 on USB Flash Drive
Language Arts 6 teaches about reading for a purpose, sentences, and poetry.
- Improve Your Grammar!
- Along with reading, SOS 6th Grade Language Arts teaches grammar, one of the most necessary skills for life.
- Watch as your students grow in the knowledge of the English language as they study appealing subjects like Elements of Grammar, Grammar Usage, Reading Skills, Writing Skills, Literary Forms.
- SOS 6th Grade Language Arts focuses on written communication, with interesting lessons on newspapers and propaganda.
- In-depth studies of poetry structure and biblical literature–Parables, Psalms, and Proverbs–will capture their imaginations and cultivate memory retention.
Switched-On Schoolhouse Language Arts 7 on USB Flash Drive
Language Arts 7 teaches composition and literature
Choose Your Words Carefully! Necessary throughout life is the skill of picking the right words to say.
- Teach your student’s how to speak and write what they feel in an effective and courteous way.
- Learn the technical structure of communication.
- Gain insights about when certain words should be used by studying: -Nouns, Pronouns, and Using Words Correctly Language Usage, Structure of Language, -Mechanics and Structure of English, Writing and Pronunciation.
- SOS 7th Grade Language Arts centers students on writing with meaning and emphasis.
- Colorful, comprehensive subjects included are biographies, formal and informal English, and nonfiction literature.
- Amazing stories of The Hiding Place, a World War II story of faith, and the biography of Helen Keller are also part of the course.
- Note: The Hiding Place, the required book, is sold separately below.
The Hiding Place
Required for Language Arts 7, The Hiding Place tells the remarkable story of Corrie Ten Boom and her family who, at risk of their lives, followed the mandate of their Christian understanding by providing refuge to Jews marked for death by Nazi forces occupying the Netherlands during World War II.
Switched-On Language Arts 8 on USB Flash Drive
In Writing, Practice Makes Perfect! SOS 8th Grade Language Arts, a refresher course to strengthen grammar skills, reviews past lessons and reiterates important skills.
- Keep your student’s talents up-to-par with this easy-to-grasp course which covers: The English Language, Punctuation and Literature, Words and How to Use Them, Critical Reading and Paragraph Skills, Writing, Listening, and Reading.
- Perfect for reinforcement and teaching new information, SOS 8th Grade Language Arts creates a solid foundation for life-long communication and the art of writing.
- Improve your student’s understanding of language and literature, sentence coordination and subordination, and autobiographies.
- Review basics like etymology, modifiers, oral reports, and mood and tense.
Switched-On Schoolhouse English I on USB Flash Drive
Drama, Drama, Drama! SOS 9th Grade Language Arts provides a computer-enhanced learning curriculum perfect for the 21st-century student. Packed with easy learning, this course is a natural motivator for your student!
- Spotlighted literary subjects include The Structure of Language, Nature of Language, Words and Writing, Enhancing Reading Skills and Poetic Understanding, The Library and Drama.
- Emphasize the importance of using words to build powerful sentences that correctly convey meaning with SOS 9th Grade Language Arts.
- Comprehensive topics cover drama, paragraphs, listening, visual aids, and reading to recognize patterns.
- Information about the library and the novel is included along with the book Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
- Note: The Miracle Worker, one of the required books, is sold separately below.
The Miracle Worker
Required for SOS English I, The Miracle Worker tells the story of young Helen Keller and her devoted teacher, Annie Sullivan. In this touching play, Helen, who is deaf, blind, and mute is taught to communicate by Annie.
Grades 6 and up
Switched-On Schoolhouse English II on USB Flash Drive
Stories with Lessons for a Lifetime! Want to build your student’s character and imagination? You can with SOS 10th Grade English II!
- This course is full of captivating stories that teach long-lasting lessons with situations and illustrations relevant to students.
- Grammar topics include: Writing Effective Sentences, Speaking and Listening, The Development of English, The Short Story, Poetry.
- Focusing on different literary genres, students will learn about the short story, the novel and novelist, drama development, and the meaning of poetry.
- Included are exciting and attention-grabbing short stories such as “The Lady or the Tiger?”, “Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County”, and “The Necklace.”
- Christian works, In His Steps and Everyman, are also included.
Switched-On English III Grade 11 on USB Flash Drive
Read the Great American Novel! While reviewing in-depth grammar rules, SOS 11th Grade Language Arts teaches the uses and varieties of English.
- Introduces drama and the novel in American Literature.
- Subjects include: Sentence Workshop Research, Nonfiction, American Drama, Studies in the American Novel.
- Grammar covered in SOS 11th Grade Language Arts includes nonstandard English, clauses and phrases, verbals, participles, and conjunctions.
- Explore American writing with an all-encompassing look at writing styles.
- Dig into topics that will influence and engage!
- Note: Our Town and To Kill a Mockingbird, the required books, are sold separately.
Our Town is required for English III. It was first produced and published in 1938. This Pulitzer Prize-winning drama is a timeless American classic, rich with universal themes.
To Kill a Mockingbird
To Kill A Mockingbird
To Kill A Mockingbird is an alternate choice for English III. It “portrays the story of racial inequality through the eyes of a child. Contains mature themes.
Grades 9 and up, Paperback
Switched-On Schoolhouse English IV Grade 12 on USB Flash Drive
Here Come the British (Authors)! SOS 12th Grade Language Arts focuses on the rich and colorful past of British authors and their wealth of expressions.
Your student will also be captured by the vibrant world of literature genres by studying:
- Language: God’s Gift to Man
- Medieval English Literature
- Elizabethan Literature
- Seventeenth and Eighteenth-Century English Literature
- Romantic and Victorian Poetry.
An abundance of written culture is packed into SOS 12th Grade Language Arts! Cultivating and illuminating literature will inspire and enhance your student’s life. They will study the reflection of man’s words by reading Beowulf, Canterbury Tales, Paradise Lost, Hamlet and the Sonnets. Students will dive into a diverse array of poets including Shakespeare, Milton, Pope, Swift, Johnson, Wordsworth, Coleridge, Byron, Shelley, Keats, Tennyson, and the Brownings.
Creative writing techniques are also taught.
More Switched-On Schoolhouse Courses at LampPostHomeschool.com
Horizons®, LIFEPACs®, and Switched-On Schoolhouse® are registered trademarks of Alpha Omega Publications
**The discount will be taken off the in the shopping cart after you apply the homeschool coupon code. Add in one time to discount on all Alpha Omega Curriculum including Horizons, LIFEPACs, and Switched-On Schoolhouse curriculum in your shopping cart. Can not be combined with any other coupon codes and excludes items marked clearance.